SOAP & classic ASP question and Length

trevor-

I'm just wondering how to send the following SOAP information with ASP?This is the very beginning of example SOAP code I was provided for a web service I have to integrate with, and I'm not sure where to put it:

POST /smartpayments/transact.asmx HTTP/1.1Host: secure1.pivotalpayments.com

This is my ASP SOAP connection:

Set oXmlHTTP = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")oXmlHTTP.Open "POST", serviceUrl, False oXmlHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "text/xml; charset=utf-8"

I assume that the serviceUrl would be the url after POST, however I'm not sure how to set the HTTP to 1.1? Or where to put the host information (I've assumed that it is part of the serviceURL)? I've searched on Google but I don't see any examples that include either of those. Also, do I have to send the "Content-Length: length"? Or is that web service dependent?Thank you!

Edit: ignore this post, missed the "s" in https!! These forums are AMAZING but make me way too trigger happy haha. Still confused about the original thread question though, as in where to set the HTTP value or if it's necessary, same for length - still can't find any examples that actually use length in classic ASP.

Archived