"Portal" Website

iainstott

Hi guys, have been reading through the tutorials to find what i need but unfortunately i need help.What i am trying to achieve is a website hosted on my home server to act as a "one stop shop" for everything attached to my network accessible via a web page, eg;-routerprinterutorrent webuiemule webuiThese i have setup in iframe so all hunky dory on that front.but also i would like a calendar and sort of like a one note app, and it this im having trouble working out how to achieve it.I'm not a guru with languages but have the willing to learn an thought this project would be a good place to start.The software i am running on my server Server 2008R2IIS7SQL Server 2008R2XAMPPCould anyone point me in the right direction of how to achieve this.Many thanksIain

Are you running IIS or Apache? Are you using ASP or PHP?
Have got both running, have got apache running off of port 80 and just changed IIS onto a different port, so in theory could use either but would prefer to use Apache and PHP.

Start on the w3schools site with the section about PHP, and focus on the parts about processing forms and using the database. It may be easier to use MySQL instead of SQL Server with PHP. MySQL is included with XAMPP. There's some more information here about form processing with PHP:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=12509

Archived