Firefox Scrollbar no Content?

Sarah82

well, it depends. Most developers code so that their pages scale gracefully in relation to the size of the browser window, and positioning tends to interfere with that. It does have it places, but not for 90% of what most people are trying to do.

Awesome... Thanks Guys! Been a real help and it has been appreciated.One last question.I changed the #PageInfo code to the suggested above.my background image has moved with it....is this due to not having all other divs on the page amended to suit that coding or is it due to margin-top:130px?should margin-top:130px; be changed to top:130px?thank you again!!!!EDIT:Or should I use padding-top:130px; padding-left:200px;

that bit of code is for the main text of the site, I only need it to stay in position and be readable. no fancy bits added at all, except a few images in between paragraphs.
In that case, you would not want to use positioning then. You would create your header information. Then create your navigation and float it. Then just have your #pageInfo div following that with much smaller margins.
#header {   margin-bottom: 5px;}#Navigation {   float: left;   /*More styles*/}#pageInfo {   margin-left: 5px;}

<div id='header'>...Header stuff...</div><div id='Navigation'>...Menu...</div><div id='pageInfo'>...Content...</div>

I changed the #PageInfo code to the suggested above.my background image has moved with it....is this due to not having all other divs on the page amended to suit that coding or is it due to margin-top:130px?should margin-top:130px; be changed to top:130px?thank you again!!!!EDIT:Or should I use padding-top:130px; padding-left:200px;
What background image? It's very possible that you're seeing issues because your other divs still use positioning. Margin-top is correct. Top is only used when using positioning. My last post shows a sample of how to code something similar to your layout.

that you EVERYONEjust recoded my page.... without using position and using the tips and tricks learned throughout this post and it now works perfectly!AWESOMEwell chuffed :)

Archived