Image Compression Problem

nielcleo

PNG is a "lossless" compression format, which basically means that there is never any loss of quality, even at the maximum compression level.If maximum PNG compression still doesn't produce a small enough file, then you'll need to convert to another format.I'd suggest JPG. Yes, there will be a loss of quality, but there's no way around this (the only way to make the file any smaller is to change the data in some way), and in reality at higher quality settings, no-one is really going to notice.

PNG is a "lossless" compression format, which basically means that there is never any loss of quality, even at the maximum compression level.If maximum PNG compression still doesn't produce a small enough file, then you'll need to convert to another format.I'd suggest JPG. Yes, there will be a loss of quality, but there's no way around this (the only way to make the file any smaller is to change the data in some way), and in reality at higher quality settings, no-one is really going to notice.
but i have my image with transparent background.. i try to use .gif format but the quality of the image like the grunge effect and splatters loss..so i rather to use .png format.

but i have my image with transparent background.. i try to use .gif format but the quality of the image like the grunge effect and splatters loss..so i rather to use .png format.
If you want to keep the transparent bg, it has to be PNG. You could try PNG-8 instead of PNG-24, and just see how that looks. Otherwise, you might be stuck with your file size.

If you want to keep the transparent bg, it has to be PNG. You could try PNG-8 instead of PNG-24, and just see how that looks. Otherwise, you might be stuck with your file size.
thanks ms.abbyms.abby can i ask if its working for PS Cs3?i saw png-8 format in fireworks?sir dsonesukil try to use the png gauntlet too il post the difference thanks for the idea.

Archived