save attachment outlook

esdee303

Hello,i'm trying to save my attachments from outlook to a local folder. This is no problem, but what I also want to do is name the attachment according to a value in the body of the eMail. Somwhere in the mail is a word (referentie '), from there on I need to count 18 characters and use that as the filename.This is what i got so far, saving is ok, when i use this code, the filename stays the sameSub SaveAllAttachments(objitem As MailItem) Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim strName, strLocation As String Dim dblCount, dblLoop As Double strLocation = "C:\test\" locatieBeginMrn = InStr(mailBody, "referentie '") mrn = Mid(locatieBeginMrn, 1, [20]) On Error GoTo ExitSub If objitem.Class = olMail Then Set objAttachments = objitem.Attachments dblCount = objAttachments.Count If dblCount <= 0 Then GoTo 100 End If For dblLoop = 1 To dblCount strName = objAttachments.Item(dblLoop).FileName strName = strLocation & mrn objAttachments.Item(dblLoop).SaveAsFile strName Next dblLoop objitem.Delete End If100ExitSub: Set objAttachments = Nothing Set objOutlook = NothingEnd SubDoes anyone know how to rename the attachment according to value in the body ?ThxSteven

• 3 weeks later...

The Solution is belowexplained: i search for a string "entie '"The I count 7 positions, and from ther i take the next 18 charactersSub SaveAllAttachmentsPLDA(objitem As MailItem) Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim strName, strLocation, mrn As String Dim dblCount, dblLoop As Double strLocation = "C:\Test\" locatieBeginMrn = InStr(objitem.Body, "entie '") mrn = Mid(objitem.Body, locatieBeginMrn + 7, 18) On Error GoTo ExitSub If objitem.Class = olMail Then Set objAttachments = objitem.Attachments dblCount = objAttachments.Count If dblCount <= 0 Then GoTo 100 End If For dblLoop = 1 To dblCount strName = strLocation & "release_" & mrn & ".pdf" objAttachments.Item(dblLoop).SaveAsFile strName Next dblLoop objitem.Save End If100ExitSub: Set objAttachments = Nothing Set objOutlook = NothingEnd Sub

Hello,i'm trying to save my attachments from outlook to a local folder. This is no problem, but what I also want to do is name the attachment according to a value in the body of the eMail. Somwhere in the mail is a word (referentie '), from there on I need to count 18 characters and use that as the filename.This is what i got so far, saving is ok, when i use this code, the filename stays the sameSub SaveAllAttachments(objitem As MailItem) Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim strName, strLocation As String Dim dblCount, dblLoop As Double strLocation = "C:\test\" locatieBeginMrn = InStr(mailBody, "referentie '") mrn = Mid(locatieBeginMrn, 1, [20]) On Error GoTo ExitSub If objitem.Class = olMail Then Set objAttachments = objitem.Attachments dblCount = objAttachments.Count If dblCount <= 0 Then GoTo 100 End If For dblLoop = 1 To dblCount strName = objAttachments.Item(dblLoop).FileName strName = strLocation & mrn objAttachments.Item(dblLoop).SaveAsFile strName Next dblLoop objitem.Delete End If100ExitSub: Set objAttachments = Nothing Set objOutlook = NothingEnd SubDoes anyone know how to rename the attachment according to value in the body ?ThxSteven

Archived