Happy Holidays & Thanks!

dink

Happy Holidays everyone! Just wanted to take a minute of your time and thank everyone for their help and support over the last year. Many members have posted questions here that were very interesting. I have been writing HTML for 12 years and still find things I didn't know.Peace to all.dink

Just a moment of your time to say thank you for all the help and support this past year. You are amazing people to give so much of your time away for free.You are appreciated!Safe and Happy Holidays to all.dink

Thank you to all who have taken your time to critique other members websites. You do a fantastic job!Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Holiday.dink

I will join dink, I just wanna say a quick paragraph,i started getting into "real" web design because my band needed a website and i took on that task because i was the only one who new anything about it and i am more of a PC geek any of them... Heck(apparently HE double hockey stick isn't allowed) my singer has an iPhone (though I'm a droid fan) and i swear its the biggest waste, i think he has it just to look cool. Anyway, I knew not much of modern web design because all i knew was how to make a page back when AOL chat was fun, a/s/l. Doh! proceeding, with the help and guidance from you guys(and gals if any) on here i fell in love with it and now i just want to learn more and more. I took on a few projects for friends too! (nothing crazy). i have impressed people with my web design "skillz" not even trying to show off, just trying to prove and show you that its been such a help here. If it weren't for the help i got here it may not be the same, i may still be struggling with my bands site! So, Thank You all Happy Holidays and i wish you all the best and happiest days of the season!EDIT: I do want to say, this is in no particular order so please do not take offense. On a quick side note i guarantee i pronounce all of these names wrong. So, a special thanks to thescientist, Ingolme, ShadowMage, Dilated, justsomeguy, ApocalypeX, Synook, dsonesuk, boen_robot, Fmdpa, and especially Deirdre's Dad.All of you are there for about 99.9% of any post. At least one or more of those names are there to help in minutes if not seconds. Its like you know what I'm gonna ask before i post it... Its amazing really. You guys are like the Web design EMTs! I can see it now a big W3School Forum Ambulance. Hahah Ok, ok, again! Thanks and Happy Holidays in the EDIT section too!

EDIT: I do want to say, this is in no particular order so please do not take offense. On a quick side note i guarantee i pronounce all of these names wrong. So, a special thanks to thescientist, Ingolme, ShadowMage, Dilated, justsomeguy, ApocalypeX, Synook, boen_robot, Fmdpa, and especially Deirdre's Dad.
Thanks, I honestly didn't expect to see my name there, hehe.

Just sending a shout out to this Forum, and especially to: Justsomeguy, theScientist, and Deirdre'sDadfor your tutelage through the years. Although this is a virtual world, your instruction here has real meaning. All the best, Paul

Just sending a shout out to this Forum, and especially to: Justsomeguy, theScientist, and Deirdre'sDadfor your tutelage through the years. Although this is a virtual world, your instruction here has real meaning. All the best, Paul
boen_robot and birbral should receive some praise too.

And Synook, Ingolme, ShadowMage, Dilated, Martin Honnen... heck, even iwato (interesting questions can be more educational than the answers)... and a few others that simply escape me at the moment.That's why we usually see people saying "this forum" is great instead of having members explicitly mentioned... different people have different impacts on different people, but the common trend is for it to be a positive one :) .

D@mn, Boen, I forgot you, and you are in my list. I mentioned specific names (aliases) because you are people who have made a real difference in MY life.

And Synook, Ingolme, ShadowMage, Dilated, Martin Honnen... heck, even iwato (interesting questions can be more educational than the answers)... and a few others that simply escape me at the moment.That's why we usually see people saying "this forum" is great instead of having members explicitly mentioned... different people have different impacts on different people, but the common trend is for it to be a positive one :) .

The community here really is friendly! Happy Holidays guys and all of God's blessings for the religious folk.

Thanks, I honestly didn't expect to see my name there, hehe.
Me neither (thanks, DizzyDan!), but you definitely deserve your place in the list, Dilated. You've helped me, personally, a lot lately and I'd like to throw in my thanks. What I find exceptional about this forum is that it has much fewer members that other forums I've been at. But the members here are knowledgeable and eager to help. The resulting effect is that you don't have to look far for posts that have something of use that can expand your knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I was active with making websites and frequented this forum (daily), but seeing this thread makes me really happy. Glad the community is thriving. :)

Archived