Photoshop question

skaterdav85

im not much of a PS guy, but i have to slice a psd. i got a psd from someone and when i open it up in PS on my computer, it says:"Some text layers contain fonts that are missing. These layers will need to have the missing fonts replaced before they can be used for vector output."Is there a quick fix to solve this? I googled a bit but i didnt find a direct answer.

It means that your computer does not have the fonts that were used in the PDF. There are two possible solutions:

1. Find and install the fonts onto your computer.
  2. Let the program replace the fonts and have it display a little differently than it originally was.

• Like 1

If you don't select update fonts, you should be able to open the PSD as normal, with yellow exclamation/warning signs next to any text layers with the unsupported font. Selecting this layer should give you the font you need to find online before it prompts you to replace it. Sometimes the replacement font is not exactly a good match, so it also depends on how dependent you are on needing to use the supplied font.

When you try to select the text with the text tool, it will tell you which font is missing.Write down the font name, and do a search for it. If its freely available, then download and install it. If its a commercial font then you'll have to buy it, or find a free alternative thats very close to the original.Installing fonts depends on your Operating System.

When you try to select the text with the text tool, it will tell you which font is missing.Write down the font name, and do a search for it. If its freely available, then download and install it. If its a commercial font then you'll have to buy it, or find a free alternative thats very close to the original.Installing fonts depends on your Operating System.
oh ok. thanks! i see it displaying the missing font types.

i see the yellow exclamation points next to the text layers. How do I find out what font is missing? And how do I add new fonts?
Selecting this layer should give you the font you need to find online before it prompts you to replace it.
Write down the font name, and do a search for it. If its freely available, then download and install it. If its a commercial font then you'll have to buy it, or find a free alternative thats very close to the original.Installing fonts depends on your Operating System.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...