[help]Running php files

aquilina

anyone can guide me why i cann't run some of php files using wamp server? I only can run some of php file using wamp server. This is example the php code that i cannt run using wamp server but i tested using apache its works..

<?$d = date(D);if ($d == 'Mon'){	echo "Today is Monday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Tues'){	echo "Today is Tuesday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Wed'){	echo "Today is Wednesday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Thurs'){	echo "Today is Thursday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Fri'){	echo "Today is Friday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Sat'){	echo "Today is Saturday.Yay!!";}else if ($d == 'Sun'){	echo "Today is Sunday.Yay!!";}?>

I'm not sure what you mean that it worked on Apache but not in PHP. If PHP is installed on a (Apache) server, then it should work. The simple test if to run a php file with this code in it somewhere in webroot.

<?phpphpinfo();?>

If you get an output of information, then you know you have PHP installed and running on your server.as to your code, the first thing I notice is your opening php tag. You have

<?

it should be

<?php

also, the date function when, passed 'D', only returns a three character representation of the date.http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/func_date_date.aspSomething to consider for Tuesday and Thursday. You may want to consider a simpler implementation:

<?php$days = array('Sunday','Monday','Tuesday','Wednesday','Thursday','Friday','Saturday');$daysIndex = date('w');echo 'Today is ' . $days[$daysIndex] . '.Yay!!';?>

just make an array for all the days, and then just get the index representation returned by passing 'w' to the date object instead.edit: fixed an undefined variable error

Yea i tried to put <?php at beginning its works but its show me this result

Notice: Use of undefined constant D - assumed 'D' in C:\wamp\www\a.php on line 2Today is Sunday.Yay!!
Thescientist, i know the wampserver contain apache function, but theres a software that called Apache Web server that run the php.. its not work when i using wampserver, but when i using Apache Web Server to run it, its works without put <?php

that's an error with your code, not PHP or Apache. You need to pass a string to the date function. like in my example:

$dayIndex = date('w');

that's an error with your code, not PHP or Apache. You need to pass a string to the date function. like in my example:
$dayIndex = date('w');

The code that u give me give me this result
Notice: Undefined variable: daysIndex in C:\wamp\www\a.php on line 5Notice: Undefined index: in C:\wamp\www\a.php on line 5Today is .Yay!!

You shold really learn to read the error messages. They say so much...

Notice: Undefined variable: daysIndex in C:\wamp\www\a.php on line 5
Compare that to
$dayIndex = date('w');echo 'Today is ' . $days[$daysIndex] . '.Yay!!';
thescientist simply made a spelling mistake, that's all. Fix it in one way or the other.

You shold really learn to read the error messages. They say so much...Compare that tothescientist simply made a spelling mistake, that's all. Fix it in one way or the other.
fixed, and edited in the the post. my bad.

Comment - "WampServer" is not server software by itself, but a package of several different components - "WAMP" stands for "Windows Apache MySQL PHP". So when you use WampServer, you actually are using Apache to serve the files.

Archived