Unable to access URL using HttpURLConnection

chanveil

Hi,I am using HttpURLCOnnection class to post a data to a url(which is a web service). The webservice accepts data as text/xml.Following is the code snippet i used:URL url = new URL("http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080/SampleWebService.svc");HttpURLConnection conn =(HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();conn.setDoOutput(true);conn.setRequestMethod("POST");conn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","text/xml");String urlStr="param1="URLEncoder.encode(value1)"&param2="+URLEncoder.encode(value2)OutputStreamWriter wr = new OutputStreamWriter(conn.getOutputStream());wr.write(urlStr);wr.flush();InputStream in2 = conn.getInputStream();in2.close();wr.close();But when i execute the code, I am getting following error at the line(InputStream in2 = conn.getInputStream():)java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URLCan someone please suggest a solution. Am i missing something here?Thanks in advance

This isn't Javascript, it's Java.The HTTP 400 error means "Bad request" so you seem to have sent something wrong to the server. I don't really use Java so I can't help much.

Archived