target=_blank

cncr

Correct. But the examples should be easy enough to follow.
Right !! uhm............................I am wondering what code language(s) I would like to learn nextI am considering html5, css 3 and PHP/JS What code should I chose PHP or JS ?I just wanna know because I think that mastering JS is very important, because it creates better looking sites ( Css does that too ) and it has more options e.g. the 'mini ' window.Just asking, thnx

They do different kinds of things. As you noticed, JavaScript runs on the browser, and it is very good at making pages dynamic. PHP runs on the server. It is most often used when a document needs to be generated with data that a user provides through a form, and/or with data that is stored on your server. You will know when you need to work that kind of data. That will be the time to learn PHP.

They do different kinds of things. As you noticed, JavaScript runs on the browser, and it is very good at making pages dynamic. PHP runs on the server. It is most often used when a document needs to be generated with data that a user provides through a form, and/or with data that is stored on your server. You will know when you need to work that kind of data. That will be the time to learn PHP.
Yes, that is correct.But I was thinking.....................if you already mastered the html and css skills you could 'ignore' JS and go for PHP.And what if I was using the server of the Opera webbrowser. I don't think I will have to use PHP, right ??Because you just have to up[load your Html file to that browser and host it from there.

if you want to be a developer, then you shouldn't skip javasript at all. They're two different things, for two different environments, and are equally important as far creating dynamic functional websites go. If you need something to happen in the web browser when the user does something, that's javascript. if you have stuff you want to save in a database, or create a login system, etc, then that's a job for PHP. Chances are you will end up using them both, with HTML/CSS, to varying degrees in your web applications, so you should really just expect to learn them all.

The choice of web browser has nothing to do with using or not using PHP. All you need to know is if you have to interact with your server in a way that is more complicated than requesting HTML documents. Most people don't when they are first starting out.I now think that the next step should always be javascript. There are so many things that users have come to expect that can only happen with javascript. Almost every page I write has something dynamic going on.And HTML5 has done something very new to this world. The new <canvas> element cannot be used at all without javascript, and I expect it will be very important soon.

if you want to be a developer, then you shouldn't skip javasript at all. They two different things, in two different environments, and are equally important as far creating dynamic functional websites go. If you need something to happen in the web browser when the user does something, that's javascript. if you have stuff you want to save in a database, or create a login system, etc, then that's a job for PHP. Chances are you will end up using them all to varying degrees in your web applications, so you should really just expect to learn them all.
Yes U r right.I just had a look at all 3 code languages ( html 5, css3 and Js ).JS is a must.................I saw and I cannot waitCss3 is, as I read: 'still under development by W3CHtml5 isn't even supported completely by the 'popular' browsers and is still in progress take a lookThis will be my priority list:1. JS2.Css3 ( is a little less stuff )3.Html5Please fell free to comment on this :)To Deirdre's Dad : It wasn't the browser choice it is the server in THAT browser that I thought had something to do with learning PHP.But I don't think I will learn PHP now at least not after 'my list', thnx

Just to clarify: I hope you are still learning CSS1 and CSS2.
gg, Yes I was going to get certified in Css 2 weeks ago, but I didn't. :) I did the test about a hundred times, but practice makes perfect.The test is more theory based.That's why I was wondering what to do next; although Css 3 is the new standard of Css and still in progress, JS is now a priority.I had a closer look today ( JS) and it is everything I want my websites to do.

as long as you feel comfortable with HTML/CSS and can make pages the way you want, i.e. you know how to make elements behave in the way you expect/want, then you should be good to move onto JS.

as long as you feel comfortable with HTML/CSS and can make pages the way you want, i.e. you know how to make elements behave in the way you expect/want, then you should be good to move onto JS.
Yes, it took me almost a year or less to master html, xhtml and css. Now I am getting the hang of it.When I saw what JS can do, I thought: 'wow this is what I was missing: Dynamic'.I did some VB too and it looks like JS.I think JS looks very difficult, but I 'll go for it.Thnx

just take it one step at a time, and just make you understand each step as your progress through them. It's not that hard as you long you make an honest attempt to understand the fundamentals, which you seem to have the willingness to do.

just take it one step at a time, and just make you understand each step as your progress through them. It's not that hard as you long you make an honest attempt to understand the fundamentals, which you seem to have the willingness to do.
Right, I think that it is very important to be enthusiastic; this makes it less difficult to understand.Thank u, very much.

Most of us do this stuff because we think it's fun, I think. So as you learn this stuff, try to do something cool. I always get a kick out of making things appear and disappear, change locations, sizes, colors. Animation in general. Validating form data is something you'll eventually want to do, but it rarely makes a developer sit up and say "w00t!"EDIT. I lied. Once you achieve a certain amount of geek-osity, you'll be surprised at the things that start to seem cool.

Once you achieve a certain amount of geek-osity, you'll be surprised at the things that start to seem cool.
It hit me when I realized how excited I was about the new CSS3 transforms, transitions, and animations. :)

Most of us do this stuff because we think it's fun, I think. So as you learn this stuff, try to do something cool. I always get a kick out of making things appear and disappear, change locations, sizes, colors. Animation in general. Validating form data is something you'll eventually want to do, but it rarely makes a developer sit up and say "w00t!"EDIT. I lied. Once you achieve a certain amount of geek-osity, you'll be surprised at the things that start to seem cool.
That is right, you can do very cool stuff with this knowledge ( it looks scary at first ); by the way what is up with IE9 not supporting everything in html5 and CSS3, I'm like what is the use........................do we have to wait for IE10, because Chrome supports more stuff and it is faster ( @ least that is what I think ).I use Chrome everyday and I never use IE9......never , it is toooo slow.

no, we just have to wait until the HTML5/CSS3 specifications are complete, so then the next version of each browser can confidently know how to support each new feature.

I gave up trying to figure out Microsoft years ago. It's like cool is only cool if they invented it themselves.
Personally, I think Microsoft products rule offline :) ( office 2010 : Word/OneNote etc ), but Google products rule online !! :)

Archived