Free Ftp/Http server

cncr

Hello,I was looking for a good and free server to host my own websites.The best I had was: Easy webserver, but it was a trial.Golden Ftp was good too, but at some point it stopped working.Opera browser has one too, but you have to download the webpage to view it........and that is not the proper way to host a website.Can anyone tell me where to find one ??Thnx !!!!

golden FTP doesn't sound like a webserver. It seems like you are confusing/misusing your terms.FTP (file transfer protocol) is a protocol, like HTTP, specifically for transporting documents from one location to another, i.e. uploading your local webpage files to a live host. Web servers, like Apache, are software packages used to run and host websites on a computer with modules and extensions for things like PHP, SQL, etc.HTTP is the protocol of the web, and is what facilitates the user (like yourself) seeing a webpage (along with DNS and other stuff); essentially handling the sending of a request to the server for a webapge and the server in response returning the HTML, script files, images, etc.

The most popular web server is Apache, followed by Microsoft IIS.
Thank u very much, but everything but Apache, I've tried it and..............................................wow I .....I dunno what to say or do.

golden FTP doesn't sound like a webserver. It seems like you are confusing/misusing your terms.FTP (file transfer protocol) is a protocol, like HTTP, specifically for transporting documents from one location to another, i.e. uploading your local webpage files to a live host. Web servers, like Apache, are software packages used to run and host websites on a computer with modules and extensions for things like PHP, SQL, etc.HTTP is the protocol of the web, and is what facilitates the user (like yourself) seeing a webpage (along with DNS and other stuff); essentially handling the sending of a request to the server for a webapge and the server in response returning the HTML, script files, images, etc.
Yes, but that is what they are called on the net !!??Take a look plse !! :) !! I understand what you mean,...................but do you know any good and free servers.

Yeah, Apache. There's also an FTP module for it. IIS also includes an FTP server.
Yes, But with the Ftp server I had, I just had to upload my html file and host it from there on, but maybe it's me ??, but Apache ??too difficult, thnxHey, guys...........I think this is a good one: Plse check if it is good or not !!It works good, just Googled it and it works just the way I like it. Thanks a lot !!!

FTP support is planned, but don't expect it soon.HFS currently does not support popular server-side scripting such as CGI, PHP, or ASP
Sounds pretty limited.If you don't want to take the trouble to operate your own server, why not lease space from a commercial host. The free ones want to fill your pages with junk, but some of the commercial ones are reasonably priced and usually quite fast.

Sounds pretty limited.If you don't want to take the trouble to operate your own server, why not lease space from a commercial host. The free ones want to fill your pages with junk, but some of the commercial ones are reasonably priced and usually quite fast.
Hey guys, this one is perfect ( justsomeguy) for me and there are do ads ( Deirdre's Dad )........it's cool !!I saw what some of the others have to offer and I 'll go with this oneThanks !!! :)

Archived