Host and DNS Discussion

boen_robot

Nice analogy  :)Name: BravehostPrice: Free, $4.95, $6.95Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP/MySQLSpace: 50MB, 1000MB, 5000MBBandwidth: 1.5GB, 30GB, 100GB (metered on daily basis)Ads: YesWeb adress: http://yournamehere.bravehost.com/Additional Comments: Lots of free tools, guestbook, forum, hitcounter, templates, forms, clipart.....

I didn't know bravehost supported PHP and MySQL.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: ServagePrice: $7.50 a month/$45 for six months/$90 for a yearServer side scripting(s)/database(s): - 1000 MySQL Databases (v4 & v5) - PHP v4.4.1 & PHP v5.1.1Space: 75,000 MBBandwidth: 1,110 GBAds: noneWeb adress: domain,- Host up to 25 domains!,- Multiple Domain Hosting- Unlimited SubdomainsAdditional Comments: Great Place to be. When there space and bandwidth goes up they don't charge you for it.

• 3 months later...

Name: 110mb.comPrice: FreeServer side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP, Perl/MySQL,ASP(future)Space: 1GBBandwidth: 10GBAds: noWeb adress: subdomainAdditional Comments: It's its good for a free offer. and i am the member too Name: Malaysia hostingPrice: RM150Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP, MysqlSpace: 1.5GBBandwidth: 50GBAds: noWeb adress: freedomainAdditional Comments: I am the agent of that hosting

Name: ServagePrice: $7.50 a month/$45 for six months/$90 for a yearServer side scripting(s)/database(s): - 1000 MySQL Databases (v4 & v5) - PHP v4.4.1 & PHP v5.1.1Space: 75,000 MBBandwidth: 1,110 GBAds: noneWeb adress: domain,- Host up to 25 domains!,- Multiple Domain Hosting- Unlimited SubdomainsAdditional Comments: Great Place to be. When there space and bandwidth goes up they don't charge you for it.
LOL they might as well just say unlimited, who is going to use 75GB of space, 1.1 TB of bandwidth, and 1000 databases for only 25 domains?

LOL they might as well just say unlimited, who is going to use 75GB of space, 1.1 TB of bandwidth, and 1000 databases for only 25 domains?
I would prefer reading this then unlimited actually. Otherwise you might eventually reach higher values and get banned for nothing (well... nothing written anyway).

Alot of companies promise these crazy amounts knowing you will never reach them...I even heard from someone who was cut off even though they were within the advertised limits because the host promised something they could not provide.

Alot of companies promise these crazy amounts knowing you will never reach them...I even heard from someone who was cut off even though they were within the advertised limits because the host promised something they could not provide.
Most hosts that oversell there servers end up in trouble becouse they can't handle the traffic no more that's why you should never host with people that offer these absurd ammounts of webspace and/ore bandwith unless they can guarantee you that they do not oversell their servers.....something they most likely never will.Ruud Hermans

• 1 month later...

I wonder why this has not made it up here yet but here it is anyways:Name: Award SpacePrice: Free (Also have pay services)Server Side Scripting(s)/database(s): PHP/Perl/CGI-BIN/SSI/MySQLSpace: 200MBBandwidth: 5GB /MonthlyAds: NoWeb Address: sub-domainAdditional Comments: They're a really good service with lots to offer and they've been pretty reliable at staying online for the most part (for being a free service and in Beta version). I have yet to try out their tech support. I like that a user can have up to 5 sub-domains for one account, makes managing sub-domains a lot easier. The only con I have is that it only allows 1 FTP connection at a time and it does get annoying, but with all their services at my fingertips I can't really complain that much. I highly suggest this service for anyone looking for a good and reliable host with the cost of nothing.Edit: More comments - I found out they have a filtering system that filters out certain words that would otherwise be considered as a spam site. The worse part about is that they redirect you to a different page without telling you that one of your pages has a filtered word on it. I've recently made a page listing these filtered words: http://oneuse.awardspace.com/word_filter.html

Once upon a time, among my first posts, I listed a whole bunch of free PHP hosts that I copied from another place. Now that there's a pinned topic for this and I reminded myself about that post, here are the hosts:Name: 1 ASP HostPrice: Free; $8.95/month; $14.95/month; $19.95/month;Server side scripting(s)/database(s): ASP; PHP; ASP and/or PHP;/No; 25MB;50MB;100MB MySQL spaceSpace: 100MB; 100MB; 200MB; 400MB;Bandwidth: 3GB/Month; 3GB/Month; 6GB/Month; 10GB/Month;Ads: Perhaps on the free. No info on that.Web adress: No info.; domain;Additional Comments: The site has ads on itself. Pop-ups to be exact. That doesn't speak very well for that host. The lack of some further info is also disturbing. Name: Lycos.co.ukPrice: £1.99/month; £4.99/month; £6.99/month £9.99/month; £14.99/month (All prices are without VAT, meaning you'll actually pay some percentages over that).Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP/No; 1; 2; 4; 8; MySQLSpace: 1000MB; 2000MB; 4000MB; 8000MB;Bandwidth: 8GB; 10GB; 20GB; 40GB; 80GB;Ads: No.Web adress: domain;Additional Comments: Good variety of offers. I like the fact they offer either PHP4 or PHP5 on all of them.Name: illusionfxnetPrice: $2.09/month; $2.92/month; $5.00/month; $15.00/Month; $20.00/Month; $30.00/Month;Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP/10; 10; 20; Unlimited; Unlimited; Unlimited; MySQL databasesSpace: 550MB; 650MB; 800MB; 1,500MB; 2,000MB; 3,000MB;Bandwidth: 20GB/Month; 35GB/Month; 40GB/Month; 90GB/Month; 120GB/Month; 180GB/Month; Ads: NoWeb adress: domainAdditional Comments: Nicely layed offers. A bit short on info though. Name: MaxHostPrice: Free; 5.55 у.е.; 7.55 у.е.; 9.55 у.е.; 28.55 у.е.; (not sure what a у.е. is, but it's supposed to be around 29 russian roubles. Any russians here?)Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP, CGI(Perl5, Python, C, C++)/1; 5; 7; 10; 2; MySQL databasesSpace: +50MB; 500MB; 700MB; 1000MB; 1000MB;Bandwidth: UnlimitedAds: NoWeb adress: Not sure. It says 1 domain, but by that hosts usually mean 1 spot to place files; domainAdditional Comments: Very detailed information all of which sounds very good. There's only one problem which will probably force most of you out- the site is in Russian, and there's no English version. Name: T35Price: Free; $4.99/month; $14.99/month;Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP; PHP, CGI/No; Unlimited MySQL databasesSpace: Unlimited; 500MB; 2000MB;Bandwidth: Unlimited; 10GB/month; 35GB/monthAds: Yes; NoWeb adress: Web directoryAdditional Comments: Plain offers. I wouldn't be surprised if I have an error here. The "Unlimited" in the free offer sounds like "No limit=>No space" or in other words- as if they don't give a thing. Name: 100WebSpacePrice: Free; $0.99/month; $2.95/month; $7.95/month; $9.95/month Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP, CGI/1; 1; 1; 2; 3; MySQL databases taking up to 5MB; 10MB; 30MB; 50MB; 60MB spaceSpace: 100MB; 100MB; 500MB; 5000MB; 10000MB;Bandwidth: 3GB; 3GB; 10GB; 80GB; 120GB;Ads: Yes; NoWeb adress: Web directory; Web directory; Web directory; domain; domain;Additional Comments: This is probably the only host to tell the number of MySQL databases AND the space they can take. The other stuff they show is also very detailed. The lack of a domain name in the cheaper offers is probably the only bad thing here. And here's a list with some other hosts:http://www.oinko.net/freephp/

Name: DreamHostPrice: 7.95 to 79.95 Depends on plan you get, free domain also. add DGHOOKUP in referral you can get upto 50 bucks off on yearly plans.Server side scripting(s)/database(s): All the good stuff, unlimited MySQL and so on. Also has SSH capable.Space: 200 gigs to 500 gigs depending on planBandwidth: 2tb to 5tb depending on planAds: Nothing its you actual real site.Web address: look at link aboveAdditional Comments: I have had this host for about 4 5 months I have nothing bad to say about them. They have good up time and mostly fast.

Name: Ueuo.comPrice: FreeServer side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP (and one MySQL database)Space: 200MB, I believeBandwidth: 500MB/day (safety restriction), can be raised to unlimited if you simply shoot them an emailAds: you can choose to have ads automatically or manually inserted into your site so that you can fit them into the designWeb adress: subdomain.ueuo.com, Ueuo can also host your domain name if you point your nameservers to themAdditional Comments: really good. I have used them for quite a while, and I have no complaints.

• 1 month later...
Name: 1 ASP HostPrice: Free; $8.95/month; $14.95/month; $19.95/month;Server side scripting(s)/database(s): ASP; PHP; ASP and/or PHP;/No; 25MB;50MB;100MB MySQL spaceSpace: 100MB; 100MB; 200MB; 400MB;Bandwidth: 3GB/Month; 3GB/Month; 6GB/Month; 10GB/Month;Ads: Perhaps on the free. No info on that.Web adress: No info.; domain;Additional Comments: The site has ads on itself. Pop-ups to be exact. That doesn't speak very well for that host. The lack of some further info is also disturbing.
1asphost is also http://domaindlx.com , I'm not sure if it's on a different server or just another domain.

Name: Ueuo.comPrice: FreeServer side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP (and one MySQL database)Space: 200MB, I believeBandwidth: 500MB/day (safety restriction), can be raised to unlimited if you simply shoot them an emailAds: you can choose to have ads automatically or manually inserted into your site so that you can fit them into the designWeb adress: subdomain.ueuo.com, Ueuo can also host your domain name if you point your nameservers to themAdditional Comments: really good. I have used them for quite a while, and I have no complaints.
I have to take back what I said. They recently started injecting popup ads in all their hosted sites. Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: FreehostinnPrice: Free ( you can also upgrade for more support and no PHP restrictions )Server side scripting(s)/database(s): PHP/MySQLSpace: 5000MBBandwidth: 50000MBAds: They say no ads but u get a image and text link on your pageWeb adress: http://yournamehere.freehostinn.comAdditional Comments: I like it very much u get Alot of space Ur acount is instantly activated.10 MySQL databases...

• 1 month later...

www.domain-website-hosting.com (the one im registered with)i am on the delux linux plan.you get 1 terrabyte transfer per month and 100gb of space per monthvery good and only costs me 4.50 per month.about £50 for the year and domains are only £3.99/year through them.supports php,.java,pearl,asp.net,mysql etc.also allows forwarding, sub domains, domain directory pointing etc.worth a check out

• 1 month later...

Name: FreehostiaPrice: free/1.95/4.95/7.95Server side scripting(s)/database(s): perl/php/mysqlSpace: 250mb/500mb/10,000mb/30,000mbBandwidth: 5gb/10gb/120gb/320gbAds: no adds or linksWeb adress: Subdomain (yourname.freehostia.com), not sure with the paid services sorryAdditional Comments: I've only used their free services, but compared to others I've seen their services are very reliable unlike 110mb.com whom I also tried (their service claimed to be 98% uptime, I think they meant 98% downtime)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Name: AFMU.comPrice: Shared plans - Free/$3.95/$7.95Server side scripting(s)/database(s): Php 4.x/CGI/Perl/SQL (with phpmyadmin) and a bunch of other stuff.( Feature List ) These features are available in all of the packages, including the free one.Space: 500mb/5gb/10gbBandwidth: 5gb/250gb/500gbAds: None. (Unless you sign up for the affiliates program, which earns credits toward your bill.)Web adress: www.yourdomain.com (I believe they register the domain name for you, since you aren't redirected to another website to do this. Prices range from: 1-year-11.95 to 10-years-119.50)Additional Comments: This is the host I use. It's been great. The tech support always answers quickly and helpfully, I rarely experience downtime, and for a service which has no monthly fees (on my plan at least) it provides a ton of features. There are other packages for Businesses, as well as resellers.

name:My-placePricing:Free 350 MB Disk Free 6 GB trafficFree MySQL Database Free FTP AccountFree Sub Domain No file size limitsFree PhpMyAdminInstant ActivationNo signup costDon't know about banners and such. You can register a free .tk redirect domainname, but they have banners.My-place.us will shortly be my preferred host to test AJAX scripts. My current websites are hosted locally (Netherlands) on a paid domain, but it's been paid for by whoever asked me to create a website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They have changed it. Host Unlimited Sites Now and Databases I think. $6.45 a month now. Come November I'll be leaving them for 1and1.com.Check 1and1 out. Hosting starts at $3.99 and up.

:) Me too I'll be thankful for anybody can advise me with the best free domain..
No one offers free domains. Free hosts, yes. Free subdomains... yes. Free hosts with free subdomains. Also yes. But free domains... I think ony the "tk" domains are (see the bottom of the first post). All others are sold and for a good reason.