Really New to this CSS stuff

2old2learn?

if you are talking left and right sides of #wrapper/#container which are now 900px or 960px, the white area would be the body element. adding colour you would usebody {background-color: #cccccc;}for a background imagebody {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg); /*repeating bg image*/}body {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg) repeat-x; /*repeating row of bg image across*/}body {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg) repeat-y; /*repeating column of bg image down*/}

if you are talking left and right sides of #wrapper/#container which are now 900px or 960px, the white area would be the body element. adding colour you would usebody {background-color: #cccccc;}for a background imagebody {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg); /*repeating bg image*/}body {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg) repeat-x; /*repeating row of bg image across*/}body {background: #cccccc url(mybgimage.jpg) repeat-y; /*repeating column of bg image down*/}
Edited:Okay I did do that before but it only changes color where the center body of text goes..am looking for how to add color on the left and right sides of body..

It can go anywhere in css file, but not inside any other css declaration, but on its own, it is set to target the body tag <body> which should the whole width, and height of page, so it does not matter where it goes, but is usually placed at top of css file, as it is first main element used to control background-color, font-size, font-color within the whole page.

according to that disappearing link, the body styling has not been added, i just addedbody{background-color:#ccc;}and it worked fine.
??? don't understand where did you add that??Does it go here:
body{ background-color: #888888;}  #body {width: 900px;height: 575px;}

Never mind I figured it out...LOL thanks..

no that is a reference to a element with id="body", i am referencing the body element where all your html code for creating table, menus etc is placed, there can only be one body element so using body{...}will reference <body> to </body>

no that is a reference to a element with id="body", i am referencing the body element where all your html code for creating table, menus etc is placed, there can only be one body element so using body{...}will reference <body> to </body>
I got it to work now..thanks...did this
body { background-color: #888888;}outside of #body {}

don't understand where did you add that??
if you use FF, you can install addon called firebug, which will allow to edit virtual css file of your current css file, which i can adjust styling without actually editing the original.

if you use FF, you can install addon called firebug, which will allow to edit virtual css file of your current css file, which i can adjust styling without actually editing the original.
Ahhh cool but I use IE: and work also does too, but its fine now..with the settings no further changes at this time are needed for this..now that I know what/where to look and do...thanks...

It's well worth pointing out that most developers use FF/Chrome or other similar standards compliant browsers to test/develop with and then fix the bugs that undoubtably occur in IE.

Archived