How to transfer data from website form to server database?

zoey

Is there a simple Perl script that will enable me to get a visitor-input-data with a form and relay it to my database table in server automatically?I hosted my website in HostGator, and used phpFormGenerator to create a form. The program seemed proceeded sucssessfully, but when I enter data into the created form and submit it, it failed, with prompt "Internal Server Error......"What is wrong with it?Thank you for help and any suggestion.

You've mentioned the form. What does the script look like that the form gets submitted to? That's where the error will be.Assuming your implementation has Perl DBI installed, and your database is MySql, there is a basic tutorial here. You'll have to change the query so it inserts data instead of fetching it. There is a manual here.Are you committed to Perl at this point? It's quite old-fashioned as a server-side language, and it's clunky because it was never intended to be a web language. If it's possible to switch to PHP, you'll have a much easier time. Also, the PHP support community is likely to be more active, especially on this board, where most of the seniors use PHP all the time. (I'm almost the only guy on this board who's ever used Perl, and the only Perl I use nowadays is to maintain my old scripts.) If you don't know already, PHP syntax is VERY similar to Perl.

Archived