Web File Manager?

cyber0ne

I'm looking to implement a web-based file manager on my server so friends and family (and maybe someday customers) can run their own websites through me. Currently, my site is written in C# using Visual Studio and running on Apache with mod_mono on Linux. I'm having trouble finding a good 3rd party tool (free, preferably open-source so I can learn from it) that will do the job.Basically, I need something they can login to and manage their files, kind of like on Geocities or other such hosting services. They key, however, is in the authentication system. I can't have all their files publicly-writable on the server, so when they login they need to be logged in as their shell account.Has anybody seen anything like this before? Or have any tips on the matter? It doesn't even really need to be done in .NET, I'd be just as happy with a PHP version or something. Any ideas?-cyber0nehttp://www.cyber0ne.com

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure of any products, a Google search for Web file manager turned up nothing????Is your site using codebehind or inline coding??? If it is using codebehind you may have trouble finding a product for that. But inline coding could be accomplished with just about any product.Duh, you said you used Visual Studio so it must be codebehind...I think you will have a hard time finding a product that will compile your codebehind before publishing.modifying the .aspx.cs files is not enough...infact the site will run without them.They depend on the compiled .dll's.