form problem

bradley.lee

I have a webpage with a financial statement on the page it's self dosn't print very well, so I did a printer friendly page but there is another step after this, so I need the form data to be sent to two different pages. Either at once or prefferable by user choice. Is this possible. and if so how. :)

you can send information to a page like this:blah.php?variableName=value&anotherVariable=anotherValueand then with php, you can get the information from the variables with either$_GET['variableName']$_REQUEST['variableName']or my favorite, but causes warnings to appear if warnings are enabled...$variableNameusing this, you should be able to open new windows or something that have the same information as the last.... I hope that answers your question

I can use normal forms, but what I need is for the end user to choose to send the form to 'site a' for a printable version of what is there, or 'site b' for further work. I have tried adding 'action's in to the form tag, but that dosn't work, I was hoping to get it to do both at the same time.I have also tried using a nested form e.g.

<form action="site-a.php"><form action="site-b.php" target="_blank"><input type="text" name="in1"><input type="submit" value="submit"></form><input type="submit" value="submit"></form>

This didn't work,

You can use CSS to make a printer friendly version of your webpage, this would save having 2 pages...save your css in a seperate file and link it to your page<link href="print.css" rel="stylesheet" media="print">When the user prints your page it will use the styles set in the external .css

You can use CSS to make a printer friendly version of your webpage, this would save having 2 pages...save your css in a seperate file and link it to your page<link href="print.css" rel="stylesheet" media="print">When the user prints your page it will use the styles set in the external .css

Problem is the input fields are what make it not print well, the length of these can not be changed to my knowlege, all thats going in is at most 5 numbers so thats a lot of wasted space and when in two columns dosn't print well but wastes paper with one column.

Ok, try this:<input type="text" size="5" maxlength="5" />Size sets the actual size of the text box in widthMaxlengh sets how many characters can be typed into the box.If you limit them to both 5 i think that's what your looking for.

Ok, try this:<input type="text" size="5" maxlength="5" />Size sets the actual size of the text box in widthMaxlengh sets how many characters can be typed into the box.If you limit them to both 5 i think that's what your looking for.

:) THANK YOU :) THANK YOU :( THANK YOU :D THANK YOU :) THANK YOU :blink: THANK YOU :( As you probably guessed thats just what I needed