what js can do!

vijay.gupta

Hi,I read vbscript tutorial on this site and it is wonderful. Then, I started with javascript tutorial in which it is mentioned "what js can do":1) JavaScript gives HTML designers a programming tool 2) JavaScript can put dynamic text into an HTML page 3) JavaScript can react to events 4) JavaScript can read and write HTML elements 5) JavaScript can be used to validate data 6) JavaScript can be used to detect the visitor's browser7) JavaScript can be used to create cookies Can anyone please let me know if all the above things can be done with VB Script also?

Edited by vijay gupta

Probably. VBScript for browser scripting only works in Internet Explorer, though.

Thanks Synook..That I know that VB Script only works in IE. However, I just want to know whether functionality wise, is there any difference between VB script and Javascript except that VB script works in IE only and Javascript works on every browser?

• 1 year later...

I agree with Synook it probably can. what I like about vbscript is its OLE (object linking and embedding) for example you can make your computer talk with a SAPI.spvoice here's even the code for it talk.vbs

dim msgdim sapiset sapi=CreateObject("SAPI.spvoice")msg=inputbox("enter a message")sapi.speak msg

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Synook..That I know that VB Script only works in IE. However, I just want to know whether functionality wise, is there any difference between VB script and Javascript except that VB script works in IE only and Javascript works on every browser?
I don't know whether it counts, but there are no jobs in VBScript; everyone stopped using it years ago (it was never that popular in the first place, either). Microsoft no longer support it, and if I recall correctly, they even recommend that you use JavaScript (I can't remember where I saw that, though). EDIT: Sorry, only read last post date, didn't read date of OP. I blame James! Edited by callumacrae