My .wmf video files don't work on everybody's computer

Guest Keytone

Guest Keytone

Hi everyone! I've just become aware of a big problem for me. I started learning HTML about a year ago from online tutorialsand fell in love with it. I have a website that I've put a lot of videos on. Some are "embed code", some are simlpy links, some are YouTube and some are.wmv files.Appearently the wmv files don't work on everone's computer. I think what is happening is that the viewer's computer is just picking their default media player to try to open the video and play it, sometimes it wants to download the media file. I don't know what to do. I want the viewer to just click on the file and have it play. I have many wmv videos and don't know how to make them playable on everyone's computer. Can you help me??!! John GannOh, by the way here is an exampleThe html file you get to isVisit My WebsiteThe .wmv file isnotjumpingin.wmvin the same folder :)

The WMV extension refers to "Windows Media Video" so it's only supported on Windows systems, unless other systems have a special media player installed. You can't expect all files to open directly in every browser, it depends on what settings the user has for a specified file extension. I have a feeling I already answered a question like this today.

Guest Keytone

Yes, you did! But I still don't know what to do to make my videos playable to everyone. I don't know anything at all about Flash. Is that what could help me?I posed this question in Multimedia because I didn't know the proper forum.

Guest Keytone

Thank you very much, as promised I will solve the world's problem (well, maybe tomorrow)! Thank you for you patience.John Gann

Archived