Stupid questions ........

eduard

Perhaps "stupid" isn't the right word for either questions or asnwers.Questions can be "bad" (like "invalid"; like asking "What's the color of radiowaves"), "inappropriate", "pointless" and "redundant".Answers that are "bad" would technically be classified as "stupid" (if I told you "radiowaves are grey", that would be a bad/stupid answer), but the same categories apply to them.The questions you've asked were many times in one of the other categories. You shouldn't be surprised that the answers match the question.

Perhaps "stupid" isn't the right word for either questions or asnwers.Questions can be "bad" (like "invalid"; like asking "What's the color of radiowaves"), "inappropriate", "pointless" and "redundant".Answers that are "bad" would technically be classified as "stupid" (if I told you "radiowaves are grey", that would be a bad/stupid answer), but the same categories apply to them.The questions you've asked were many times in one of the other categories. You shouldn't be surprised that the answers match the question.
Could be! But I wrote in Critiques that my situation has been changed (moved to another place!) Since then I haven´t post any ´bad´ question! (2 months ago!)

Thatt answers don´t match ok, but that persons make a joke of me not ok!

Thatt answers don´t match ok, but that persons make a joke of me not ok!
No. I said "the answer matches the question". That was not a typo. I do mean that.If you ask a redundant question, you shouldn't be surprised to get a redundant answer. When you say "the tutorial on X says that I must do Y for Z to happen. But how do I do Z?", you shouldn't be suprised that the answer repeats what the tutorial says, while at the same time you're being told to actually follow the tutorial. It's not "persons make a joke of" you. It's that persons tell you what in their view should be obvious... for your own good.

No. I said "the answer matches the question". That was not a typo. I do mean that.If you ask a redundant question, you shouldn't be surprised to get a redundant answer. When you say "the tutorial on X says that I must do Y for Z to happen. But how do I do Z?", you shouldn't be suprised that the answer repeats what the tutorial says, while at the same time you're being told to actually follow the tutorial. It's not "persons make a joke of" you. It's that persons tell you what in their view should be obvious... for your own good.
I didn´t refer to you (because you never did!), but others did!

I didn´t refer to you (because you never did!), but others did!
I'm intentionally monitoring the way I express myself, because I understand that you can't "hear" me, and that your English isn't very good. You just "read" me and understand what you can, filling in the gaps for the rest.Not everyone is as... err... "articulate" "verse" careful, as me, especially native speakers. That is because, being raised with English, they don't see (for example) the phrase "this is necessary" as being any different from the phrase "you must do this". They view them as synonyms, which they tehnically are. I see them as different, with the former first being a more complicated form, and I would therefore avoid using it when I know I'm dealing with someone who's English skills are questionable not good.The point is that everyone is always telling you the same thing, and they always mean well. If I'm an exception, it's only because I managed to make replies that you could read correctly, not because others are "mean" and I'm not.

I'm intentionally monitoring the way I express myself, because I understand that you can't "hear" me, and that your English isn't very good. You just "read" me and understand what you can, filling in the gaps for the rest.Not everyone is as... err... "articulate" "verse" careful, as me, especially native speakers. That is because, being raised with English, they don't see (for example) the phrase "this is necessary" as being any different from the phrase "you must do this". They view them as synonyms, which they tehnically are. I see them as different, with the former first being a more complicated form, and I would therefore avoid using it when I know I'm dealing with someone who's English skills are questionable not good.The point is that everyone is always telling you the same thing, and they always mean well. If I'm an exception, it's only because I managed to make replies that you could read correctly, not because others are "mean" and I'm not.
Boen makes a good point here. We're all trying to help you. I, too, try to keep my explanations simple because I know there are members of this forum whose English is not that good. Unfortunately, I probably fail quite often because English is the only language I know and it's difficult for me to know what speakers of other languages can understand or phrases that are not so easily translated by Google (or other service).Please remember this when reading our responses, Eduard.

I can remember many posts where the writers are frustrated. I do not remember any that make a joke of you. Maybe your limited English does not help you know the difference.In general, this board is VERY polite to beginners and speakers of other languages. Like boen, many of the seniors know English as a second language. I've seen other boards (which I avoid) where the writers can be very cruel to beginners and non-native speakers. I have been on this board for a long time because it is not like that.

Unfortunately, I probably fail quite often...
The basic rule of thumb I use is that the less distinct syllables a phrase has, the better, and if they're equal in number, choose the one in which the word with most syllables is the fewest. In the example above I gave, the two phrases are basically equal in number of syllables (I can't really detect the difference), but in the second, all words are of one syllable.

The basic rule of thumb I use is that the less distinct syllables a phrase has, the better, and if they're equal in number, choose the one in which the word with most syllables is the fewest. In the example above I gave, the two phrases are basically equal in number of syllables (I can't really detect the difference), but in the second, all words are of one syllable.
That's a good rule. I'll try to remember that. :)

Although my english isn´ t that good (I doubt that, because my level of english is advanced), I exactly know when persons are making a fool of me!

Although my english isn´ t that good (I doubt that, because my level of english is advanced), I exactly know when persons are making a fool of me!
I don't think anyone tries to make a fool of you. I have seen in some of your past forum topics where you might have taken someone's post as making of fool of you. But as far as I have seen, that only happened in the case that Boen said:
If you ask a redundant question, you shouldn't be surprised to get a redundant answer. When you say "the tutorial on X says that I must do Y for Z to happen. But how do I do Z?", you shouldn't be suprised that the answer repeats what the tutorial says, while at the same time you're being told to actually follow the tutorial. It's not "persons make a joke of" you. It's that persons tell you what in their view should be obvious... for your own good.
I think it is very important to remember (as Boen said) that the answer will match the question. Redundant questions will get redundant answers. Don't take it as an insult when that's the answer you get. Edited by Fmdpa

I don't think anyone tries to make a fool of you. I have seen in some of your past forum topics where you might have taken someone's post as making of fool of you. But as far as I have seen, that only happened in the case that Boen said:I think it is very important to remember (as Boen said) that the answer will match the question. Redundant questions will get redundant answers. Don't take it as an insult when that's the answer you get.
I´ve never written that anybody tries to make a fool of me! I´ve gotten a lot of (very) good replies! Also the replies to this post are (very) good! Unfortunately there are ..... (e. g. HTML forum topic: Words in different colors, post 12, 13) Edited by eduardchile

I´ve never written that anybody tries to make a fool of me!
I'm sorry for miscommunication...that was the just conclusion I came to from this post:
... I exactly know when persons are making a fool of me!
I've found that when I put more details and research into my questions, then the people replying to my topic can give me the answer I'm looking for. Part of effective learning is learning to ask the right questions, whether you are asking Google or the W3Schools forum.

I want to write one thing and then end this topic! I´m myself teacher (teaching english to chilean persons). For me is much more important that their motivation is great than their knowledge!For these fora my knowledge isn´t great, but my motivation is!

I´ve never written that anybody tries to make a fool of me! I´ve gotten a lot of (very) good replies! Also the replies to this post are (very) good! Unfortunately there are ..... (e. g. HTML forum topic: Words in different colors, post 12, 13)
it's always funny how you leave out the part where we've already given you the knowledge to answer your question in past threads. (pretty much all within the space of a week)http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=39349http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=39304 Edited by thescientist

it's always funny how you leave out the part where we've already given you the knowledge to answer your question in past threads. (pretty much all within the space of a week)http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=39349http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=39304
You must understand that your ´humor´ isn´t mine!

Boen makes a good point here. We're all trying to help you. I, too, try to keep my explanations simple because I know there are members of this forum whose English is not that good. Unfortunately, I probably fail quite often because English is the only language I know and it's difficult for me to know what speakers of other languages can understand or phrases that are not so easily translated by Google (or other service).Please remember this when reading our responses, Eduard.
It´s not only the language, but I hope you understand your (american) humor isn´t mine!

P. s. translations by Google are (very) bad!

Is your head a computer?

I want to write one thing and then end this topic! I´m myself teacher (teaching english to chilean persons). For me is much more important that their motivation is great than their knowledge!For these fora my knowledge isn´t great, but my motivation is!
P. s. translations by Google are (very) bad!
Excuse my non-american humor here, but... do you have a split personality? If you teach English to chilleans, why do you use Google translate? If you're qualified to teach, you're qualified to translate with nothing more than a dictionary.
Is your head a computer?
:) I only invoke the rule if I have more than one phrase in mind. And it gets easy after you memorize the more often used phrases. Nowadays, I almost never invoke it.(In computer terms, I've "cached" most of the "op codes" in my "RAM" :) )

Excuse my non-american humor here, but... do you have a split personality? If you teach English to chilleans, why do you use Google translate? If you're qualified to teach, you're qualified to translate with nothing more than a dictionary. :) I only invoke the rule if I have more than one phrase in mind. And it gets easy after you memorize the more often used phrases. Nowadays, I almost never invoke it.(In computer terms, I've "cached" most of the "op codes" in my "RAM" :) )
I don´t use Google translator for teaching.