Html5 Canvas Tutorial

danschumann

Hi all. I am starting a little blog at blogspot.. (any suggestions of who hosts better coding blogs?) Anyway, first up is an example I made detailing some of the caveats of getting started with html5 canvas. Unlike some of the 2nd-english givers out there, my english is good from morning ablutions on. I'm the Steve Carrel type who has a need to be praised. the address ishttp://programahead.blogspot.com the end result can be seen herehttp://respaceable.com/examplemove "usually the people you're worried about stealing your ideas, you should be shoving your ideas down their throats."

I don't critique, though if you are going to make me wait a full day to post, then there is no delete button to be found. So I left feedback for a mod, saying, please delete the post I made in suggestions, keep the one in general. instead you lock the post I made in general, and instead of deleting my post in suggestions you move it to critiques. A post I made about a tutorial may be a shot at your ego, but it is not a critique, and placing my thread here against my wishes is just incompetant and wrong. I will not be returning here and I wish everyone the strongest urge to leave this forum.

The threads were moved before you posted the report, which was not very clear. We sent you a message after your report to be sure of your intentions. The critiques forum is a place where you post your website in order to receive feedback from other users.

I think you severely misunderstand the meaning of "critique". A critique is "a detailed analysis and assessment of something",1 and the critiques forum is a place for people to provide feedback on websites. The placement of your thread and website in this forum does not mean it is bad - the critiques forum is not some sort of collection of "bad websites", and the word "critique" has no negative connotations. As Ingolme said, if you wish for "praise" or other forms of feedback this is the correct forum. I do think the general call for boycott was a bit over the top, though. A simple review of the description and contents of this forum would have revealed the actual intention of it to you. Of course, if you would like to suggest the title of this forum be changed to something less ambiguous for those unfamiliar with English, then you can certainly do so.

Archived