How to creat a mapping schema in this case?

Crazyfrog2005

Hi everyoneI am having a problem with creating a mapping shema to bulk load a xml data file to sql server 2000 enterprise manager. I am new to xml schema. I have read some online examples, however, can't solve it. My case is a bit more complicated. After 2 hours debugging, not yet finished. My xml file is like that below:<details> <manager> <id>0</id> <sign_id>104</sign_id> <staff_no>532257</staff_no> <sign_name>Carolyn Ng</sign_name> <sign_title>Director Relationships</sign_title> <sign_phone>empty</sign_phone> <sign_fax>empty</sign_fax> <email_addr>carolyn_ng@westpac.co.nz</email_addr> <signature> <image file="I:\Analytics\Campaigns\Signatures\104.tif"> </image> </signature> </manager> ...</details>And there is a table 'tblSignature' in sql server database, which is to be filled in with the data in xml file.I feel the hardest part is the elements <signature> and <image>, and the attribute "file". What i am thinking now is I may have to create 3 tables in order to load this xml file to database. One for element <manager>, one for element <signature>, and one for <image>. And there is a relationship among those 3. But since every table should have a primary key, whereas <signature> obiviously has only a link to <image>, it makes me screwed up here. In addition, all i want is to load all the data in xml file into 1 table rather than 3. Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

Hi,For each signature, does it only have one image file? Or a signature can have many images? If it only has one image, I think you can create just one table manager. Then id, sign_id, ... signature are the columns. In signature, just put in the image file name.(Btw I'm also new to XSchema)

Hi,For each signature, does it only have one image file? Or a signature can have many images? If it only has one image, I think you can create just one table manager. Then id, sign_id, ... signature are the columns. In signature, just put in the image file name.(Btw I'm also new to XSchema)

:) Hi budThere is only one image file for each signature. Yes, actually I am going to design one table to put all of the data in, which is exactly the same as your design idea. However, my problem here is how to create a mapping schema to do so. I tried many times and encountered some error messages. I solved some, but still debugging and don't know how far i need to go to have it done. What i am doing now is i download a software called 'ms xml viewer', which looks pretty good. However, i am not familiar with it and play with it at the moment. But it seems only help you to create a schema based on either a database table, or a xml data file. In order to create a well-matched mapping schema to both of my database table and xml file, i still have no idea to do. :) I am really a newbie, amn't I? Hopefully, you or someone xml pro can give me advice. Many thanks. Btw, glad to see your reply. Cheers