How Can I Get User's Browser's Version?

SandySynaptik

Is there a particular reason why you need the version? A lot of people change their user agent string, so there's no real way to tell what browser version they're using, or even what browser they're using.

You don't need to know what browser they're using to show their IP address. Like I said, there's no real way to find out. You can look at some user agent strings and try to find a regular expression that will get the version from it.

I know I know that I don't need to know about their browser to show their IP address. Showing IP address is just a part of that. Till now I have extended that page to show.

1. User's IP address
  2. User's Browser
  3. User's Screen Resolution
  4. and user's User Agent

I want to add more details as possible.

Is there a particular reason why you need the version? A lot of people change their user agent string, so there's no real way to tell what browser version they're using, or even what browser they're using.
Though really I meant to say that people can change their user agent string, not that it's a common thing to do. I did say you could extract browser information from the user agent string:
You don't need to know what browser they're using to show their IP address. Like I said, there's no real way to find out. You can look at some user agent strings and try to find a regular expression that will get the version from it.
Different user agent strings will probably need different expressions to retrieve the version.

check this http://au2.php.net/m...get-browser.php $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] itself is unrilable. if you check the header of any request you will see the user agen header also. which is visible there you can assume it can be spoofed and is not reliable. get_browser() also use $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']. so there is no determined way to detect browser.

Archived