Htaccess

Krewe

Hey Guys, I need a tutorial or something that explains htaccess.I need it to hide my database info for my site.If you can explain it great, if you have a website link awesome, I just need to learn it. Or if you have a better idea to make information/.php files secure I'll listen :P. Krewe

Your database information isn't available to anybody. PHP files don't show their source code when viewed over HTTP.
Yes, but if someone some how got the .php from the server all they would have to do is open it.

You don't have to ;) ... open up your browser, start a PHP file that does some DB stuff, and then right click on the page and click "View Source". What you see there is what everyone can see. You shouldn't be seeing your DB details there. You shouldn't be seeing any of your PHP code there in fact.

I was actually following that thread Synook so I got all my answers! Thanks. However, when I used Fox's code it gives the folder a 500 error when someone types it in.

Nope, I put that code into the htaccess file and put the file into the folder I wanted to deny access too. That's it; ---Fixed---All I did was re upload it.

Archived