Use Php For Product Pages On Shopping Website?

cjy8s@yahoo.com

So I am at the part of my website where I need to decide how to display individual products being sold on the website. I want to display the picture, a description, and link it to a paypal account where the individual product can be sold. But I am unsure how to do it. I could do it with HTML easily, but I am wondering if I should use PHP or another programming langauge so I dont have to create 1 page per product, so I dont have to create 50 additional pages. Im thinking that I would have to create a template page using HTML or PHP and then use the programming language to fill in the description and images according to which link (product) they click. How would I do this exactly? I dont have a ton of experience with PHP, am I way over my head? And would PHP would well with PayPal? again, would that be a huge project?

You need to use mysql to store product information and you need to use php to pull that data from database and show it. So you dont need to create page for every product you can evaluate it dynamicaly. Paypal has api to embded intto your site for monet transaction. If you have not any prior experiance with mysql-php you it will take some time. How is your php-mysql? did you go through the tutorials for conecpt and basics? It would be quite modareated project.

Archived