Asp Image Size With Repeat

ibrahimjan

Hi All,I have been trying to make this piece of code to work for some time, I have a sub routine in a repeat loop, the loop gets images from a database, the sub routine retrieve the image dimensions (width x height) then I simply need to do "IMG_width/iWidth". But every time I run this code I get the following: Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea' Syntax error /svg1.asp, line 97 sub ImgDimension(img)^Thanks

Dim Repeat2__numRowsDim Repeat2__indexRepeat2__numRows = -1Repeat2__index = 0image_loop_numRows = image_loop_numRows + Repeat2__numRowsWhile ((Repeat2__numRows <> 0) AND (NOT image_loop.EOF)) dim iWidth, iheightdim myImg, fsdim IMG_width, IMG_height, Image_all, IMG_link, IMG_1MTX IMG_width=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Width").Value)IMG_height=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Height").Value)Image_all=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Image_all").Value)IMG_link= "/gallery/png_xph/"&Image_all&".png"  sub ImgDimension(img)Set fs= CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")if not fs.fileExists(img) then exit subset myImg = loadpicture(img)iWidth = round(myImg.width / 26.4583)iheight = round(myImg.height / 26.4583)set myImg = nothingend subImgDimension(Server.MapPath(IMG_link))  IMG_1MTX=IMG_width/iWidth     Repeat2__index=Repeat2__index+1  Repeat2__numRows=Repeat2__numRows-1  image_loop.MoveNext()Wend

The code is not a function or a subroutine it is by it's self, also I have to keep ImgDimension inside the loop, as the value of IMG_link is dynamic and changes as it goes through the loop, to populate more than one image results, is there a way to make it work as it is inside the loop, can we change the code, instead of using subroutines?? to get the image dimensions.

I tried it this way, please have a look, but I have just found out that I cant use "loadpicture" on .png, it does not support it?? any other ideas how I can get the width and height of a .png file?? the code is inside the loop

dim iWidth, iheightdim myImg, fsdim IMG_width, IMG_height, Image_all, IMG_link, IMG_1MTX IMG_width=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Width").Value)IMG_height=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Height").Value)Image_all=(image_loop.Fields.Item("Image_all").Value)IMG_link= "/gallery/png_xph/"&Image_all&".png"img= (Server.MapPath(IMG_link)) set myImg = loadpicture(img)iWidth = round(myImg.width / 26.4583)iheight = round(myImg.height / 26.4583)set myImg = nothing response.Write(iWidth&"x"&iheight)&"<p>"

I figured out a different approach to this issue, I managed to find a small converter to run on the server, my idea is to convert the .png to .jpg to a temp location, read the width and the height, then delete the file. This is what I got so far for converting the file:

dim CSet C=CreateObject("ImageConverter.ImageConverterX") 'this is line 10C.Convert "c:\veg.PNG", "c:\veg2.JPG", "-cJPG"Response.Write C.ErrorMessageset C = nothing

The problem I am facing is that I have installed the ImageConverter.dll in the registry, but every time I run the above script I get the following error: Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied: 'CreateObject' /test.asp, line 10 Any ideas to why this is happening??

Archived