Um.. What? Ubuntu

ckrudelux

I have executed in my terminal with success generating a class file.javac HelloWorldApp.java But then I type to execute the program I get some errors:java HelloWorldApp

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: HelloWorldApp : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)Could not find the main class: HelloWorldApp. Program will exit.

What... is where a setup I missed? This should be a simple "hello world" output xD HelloWorldApp.java

/*** The HelloWorldApp class implements an application that* simply prints "Hello World!" to standard output.*/class HelloWorldApp {	public static void main(String[] args) {		System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.	}}

Edit:I have tried with adding the option -cp aka -classpath with no luck.java -cp . HelloWorldApp Have tried several paths none of them have worked out for me...///home/ckrudelux/Documents/Java/ Edit: Have checked version of my Java and I get 1.7 from javac and 1.6 from java, I have read that mixed versions can be a problem but I only installed the JDK 7 so I don't know why I got JDK 6 as well in my etc folder, checked with an other computer which I haven't installed JDK and can't find any JDK installed so the JDK 6 must had come from the JDK 7 installation. Edit: I have now tested to compile a broken code by removing the ";" at the end and got as suspected an error by the compiler, added the ";" again and complied it, also tested to execute the program and it worked. I have no clue on what was wrong but I guess encoding but would that pass the compiler in what case?

Archived