Facebook Comments

westman

i got all my code from face book but it not working "fully". it will post the comment to a users profile on face book but it will not post it to my face book page at the same time, how do i get it to post on my face book page?<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-comments" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/MyPage" data-num-posts="2" data-width="450"></div>any help?

The integration of Facebook comments is not explained very well on facebook, as far as i can make out theres about 3 versions, which explain how to use FBML (which will be depreciated in the new year) jan 1 2012,and Iframe. 1) you use facebook sdk JavaScript, which you download.2) you use link to facebook javascript.3) updated version of 2 with new features Its very difficult to work out which tutorial relates to which version? In all versions You have to create a facebook app, and make note of the App ID ref, and enter The URL of YOUR website domain and directory address with forward slash at end. Note: You can't use anything with facebook within it for your url. You then enter website page into data-href="" as in data-href="http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.html" or data-href="http://www.mydomain.com/mydirectory/mypage.html" If you have more than one facebook page, when you logged on and make a comment you will notice a dropdown arrow, this will list your pages, and also a facebook logout option, you have to select the page you wish you comment to appear on. So make sure App ID is correctYour url you used for your website that you added when created your app is correct.That App ID and url of your page on which the comment box is added to, are correct.

ok at the moment if you comment on my site, it will stay on the site and on the face book profile of the person that posted the comment.where in Face book can i see the full list of comments? becomes the only way am seeing the full list is on my site.

The comments made on your site, should if properly set up appear on your facebook page, the plugin retrieves these comments, from your fb page, and are shown through a iframe, created by facebook plugin to appear on your site. Have you added the admin code to the <head>...</head> of the page? because I added that so that he could manage the comments box when logged on. As already said, IF you have set the web domain address correctly, when you log on to make a comment, YOUR facebook pages are listed in the dropdown, Now! since I don't know how many pages you have set up through facebook, but i do know that when i last set up a comments box, the person I set this up with ( I must point-out a good many months ago) had about six, and these are listed in the dropdown. So if you have only one, I don't know if a single page will be listed.

If you return to edit your fb comments app you will find under Basic Info you will findApp Domain: this is where your enter just your domain name - example.com further down the page you will find 'Select how your app integrates with Facebook' under that you will find 'website' where you enter the address of the page the fb plugin is placed. Site URL: example.com/page-where-fb-comments-plugin-is-placed.html. Now! on this page in the <head>..</head> you place meta tag with you app ID <meta property="fb:app_id" content="123456789012345" /> you also have the option to add admin tag to manage the comment box <meta property="fb:admins" content="012345678" /> matches your fb id ref

i am reading the face book page...http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/ and i do not have a "APPLICATION_ID"where do i get 1 from? if i used an app id and used your method it could work for me i will keep you postedbut where do i get the app id?

ok i spent a lot of time resetting up and got my APPLICATION_ID ;)but i still can not get the posts that are on my face book page to show in my appam testing it not on my site but on...http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/and every way i have tried i cant get my FB page comments in there any help?

OK, the comments box has changed since i last used it, before you had to use app ID, but it now seems you only require it when you wish the moderator feature, according to instructions near bottom of page. But! when you add your website page address where you plan to insert this plugin code, and press get code, it provides a link to the JavaScript SDK which tells you to replace the YOUR_APP_ID and WWW.YOUR_DOMAIN.COM with the appropriate values? think this still relates to older version,me thinks facebook have made a real mucking fuddle on explaining how to implement this in current version, and it seems this has already been mentioned before if you google, and looking through instructions on implementing this by searching through facebook help, there's no version specific instruction its a mish mash of all versions. AS far as i can make out! All you do now is supply the page url where the plugin is to be placed, hit get code, copy code to your page, and it done. you make a comment and with 'post to profile page' checked (by default) it will will appear on your profile, telling you the website page it came from. Someone else makes a comment and 'post to profile page' again it it will appear on their profile page.

AS far as i can make out! All you do now is supply the page url where the plugin is to be placed, hit get code, copy code to your page, and it done. you make a comment and with 'post to profile page' checked (by default) it will will appear on your profile, telling you the website page it came from. Someone else makes a comment and 'post to profile page' again it it will appear on their profile page.
all this is working well and it dose do what you say even with out the app_id... but is there any way (past, present or future) that you can get all of the posted to show on a Face Book page and from a Face Book page?

Archived