Critiques Wanted!

Fmdpa

Hey everyone, I'm working on finishing a website for an organization. One of the things they wanted was that it be a low-bandwidth website. The only large image is the banner image, which I designed from scratch. The website currently gets a YSlow score of A (93) and I haven't even done some final things like compressing the stylesheet and adding expires headers. Boen_robot, you can see the RewriteRule problem I encountered on the broadcasts page. The music file in the broadcasts page is just Windows 7 sample music. The upcoming event is not real either. :) The "upcoming events" and "recent broadcasts" frame are not functional yet, so just pretend. Any critiques whatsoever regarding the website are more than welcome. http://akv4f.cyberstream.us

I'm not sure about the hover color in the events section, but then again, I have no design sense at all, so don't take my word for it.You seem to be using a center element... other than that "principle" issue, excellent, both in terms of design (again, that coming from me as a user, not as a designer) and code.

Thanks for the comments! Honestly, I'm not very satisfied with the events section design either. I'll work out a new design for that and let you know what I come up with. Oops, I thought the center element was new in HTML5, but looking further, I see that it was actually deprecated in HTML5. I'll fix that pronto.

I love the testimonial page. Great concept I haven't seen. (Obviously I have seen testimonials...)One fix I see is on the contact page. Is it possible to move the text "Message:" to the top/middle area. I think it would look better than on the bottom. Other than that, it is a great minimalist site :).

Nice job. I like the look of the contact sheet. Good work.The banner graphic is sweet too. And thank you for picking a good color palette. Over all it gives a sense of "smooth" which, IMO, is a win. Not like Charlie Sheen win, but a real win. -Grahamalluringmedia.net

Thank you for your compliments, Graham. You have a very attractive site, too! I rolled out a new design on the events page, so check it out and let me know what you think. I also completed the home page and, if there are no errors or design flaws, it will go live ASAP! I'm getting a YSlow rating of A and I haven't even made the static resources cacheable yet. I will also compress my stylesheet before the production launch.

Very nice work.The code is clean and takes into consideration many browser problems often ignored.I want to see this once it is complete..Good Job!!dink

Awesome, only thing I might take into consideration is making the date and time on the event pages darker. It is a little hard to read. Granted I know you can hover over to make it darker :P. But I am just thinking about the stupid people who won't try to hover.

Woah, the links page, the url next to the hyperlink is way to light.Only reason I noticed it was there was because I accidentally hovered over it.Plus I like how on the about page it says "edit page" :D Haha. Otherwise A+

OK, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the URL ghosted until hovered over, or keep it visible. I guess I'll darken it significantly. Yeah, the client hasn't edited the about page yet. I've finished the part that's up to me, though! :)

Archived