Any amateur web developers want to work together on a project?

wese1991

I have taught myself web design from w3 schools and other websites. I am just an amateur still and looking to expand on my skills. I have fun coding websites from scratch and seeing what I can do. I am looking for amateur web developers who have some ideas on how to make coding more social and work together on some projects. I created a Google+ group to see what it can do: https://plus.google....749577265986159Also join this google group if you are interested in talking more about this: https://groups.google.com/group/socialcode?hl=en Check it out or post here.

I am interested, but not fluent with the php side. Good in CMS and html.
That's cool. Do you have a google+ account? You should join that group I have linked to up top. Right now i'm trying to make a tictactoe game with javascript.

I am interested, but not fluent with the php side. Good in CMS and html.
Just curious... how are you good with CMS but not PHP? CMS is made from PHP.I can't join because I am not 18, so if you need help post on the forums.

Just curious... how are you good with CMS but not PHP? CMS is made from PHP.
Are you good at C? Assembly? By your logic, you should be, since PHP is made from C, and C... is turned into Assembly ("made" doesn't sound right...).Knowing the abstraction doesn't mean one knows what's under it... driving a car is different from building a car.
I can't join because I am not 18, so if you need help post on the forums.
I don't notice such a limitation from the outset... but it would be weird for this to be a requirement.

Robot, I was just curious. To code a CMS you need to know php right? So It is a good question.Also, you have to be 18+ to make a Google+ account. Therefore, I can't join.

ok so does anyone have a suggestion for a place to make a group outside of google+ for those not 18 yet?or should that be the first project, to make a collaboration site? lol

To code a CMS you need to know php right? So It is a good question.
Yes, except elizeb said he's "Good in CMS" (i.e. he's good at using CMS-es), which is akin to saying "Good with a car", hence the metaphor above about driving vs. building a car.Plus what dsonesuk said.

ok so does anyone have a suggestion for a place to make a group outside of google+ for those not 18 yet?or should that be the first project, to make a collaboration site? lol
Up to you bud :)It would be good practice if you have the time and money to host one. Alright, thanks dsone, all I needed to know bud.He said, "Good in CMS and html"That is why I said what I did. Anywho, it doesn't matter!How well do you know different languages Wes?

May I suggest one of you (wese1991?) make a GitHub account and an organization at it? Then make members use GitHub.Admittedly, if you can stomach a VCS, you're raising the bar a little... but not too much seeing that there are tutorials on GitHub about that, and there's TortoiseGit too.

Archived