url definition for cursor not working

sivant

I'm trying to specify cursor type with url() and it doesn't work.I wrote:cursor: url("file:///C/WINDOWS/Cursors/something.cur");for working with cursor file existing on my local disk, but FireFox (in my case) didn't load it. When I wrote other cursor types it worked, e.g.cursor: help;What am I doing wrong? How can I use files with url() definitions? :)

Thanks.I've read this, but the: cursor : url("first.cur");doesn't work for me... It does work when I write, for instance: cursor : help;Here's my userContent.css file that I use to customize FireFox behavior. FF reads it when it starts up:/* Change cursor for links that open in new window */:link[target=_blank], :visited[target=_blank],:link[target=_new], :visited[target=_new] { cursor: help;}What I really want is using some other cursor type, that I have in a .cur file, but I can't get it to work...

Can someone tell me why is the above page isolated and it's not visible in the CSS tutorial? What other "easter eggs" are there in this site?!?!

sivant, please post your cursor file so we may test it. Maybe it's corrupted?

Here I re-post the content of the working version of the file:/* Change cursor for links that open in new window */:link[target=_blank], :visited[target=_blank],:link[target=_new], :visited[target=_new] {cursor: help;}The file is in my Win XP system as C:\Documents and Settings\<my_username>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\4bvayeer.default\chrome\userContent.cssNow, what I consistently failed to do, is to replace the cursor type from 'help' to using my own custom cursor file, by writing:cursor: url("some_valid_path_name_of_cursor_file");It just didn't work for me. If anyone manages to work this out, I'll be glad to get the details, and may be undestand what I am missing...

Well.....After I entered the same topic on Mozilla FireFox forum, it turned out that url definition for cursor is only supported in version 1.5, and not in version 1.0.x that I have.For some reason, the page with the tip I followed didn't bother to mention that :)

I'm trying to specify cursor type with url() and it doesn't work.I wrote:cursor: url("file:///C/WINDOWS/Cursors/something.cur");for working with cursor file existing on my local disk, but FireFox (in my case) didn't load it. When I wrote other cursor types it worked, e.g.cursor: help;What am I doing wrong?  How can I use files with url() definitions? :)

cursor: url("/Windows/Cursors/something.cur");

try, if all right the problem is in your arquive(something.cur). sorry my bad english

cursos: url("/Windows/Cursors/horse.ani");

If you have the something.cur arquive, Can use too

url("%SYSTEMROOT%/Cursors/something.cur");