API KEY

adam.jones2

You mean a service you provide or a service you consume?If you're consuming the web service, you'll have to read and follow the provider's instructions.If you're providing a web service, one way is to use a hasing function that includes the time the key was requested. The key itself could be requested from a separate admin panel, and of course, upon creating the key, you also need to store it in a database, alongside the account it is intended for.

I want to create a api key off my own
For others to use at a service you provide or for use by yourself at services others provide?I'm asking because many services don't generate a key until you ask for one, so the phrase "create a key of my own" could mean "create a key of my own for use with web service X provided by [not me]" as well as "create a key of my own when my users ask me to generate one".
from what iv read i need to create my data into xml format
Where have you read that? I seem to be missing out on a lot of context here...
how are api keys genrated
Various methods, typically involving hashes, random number generation, time, user specific data, or all of these, combined in various ways.

Forget about keys, and create a service without one. Once you get your head around it, adding the API key to the mix will be trivial.The hard part about creating SOAP servers is to generate a WSDL file.You need to create a class (or a set of functions... doesn't really matter), document each method (or function) with @param docblocks, and generate a WSDL file using something like Zend_Soap_AutoDiscover. Once you have the WSDL in place, you can use SoapServer to handle incoming SOAP requests.

Archived