Urgent PHP Testimonials Script

adamtwentytwelve

Good morning all. I am not new to website design/development but am new to this forum. I have an urgent matter which needs to be resolved by Friday 9th. I have a testimonial script which works fine. It takes data from a form inserts to a database and a second script displays the testimonials for users to see. My problem is it doesn't have a facility where by an administrator can approve testimonials, as a result I have had two scams which to remove you have to delete from the database it's self. May I have some suggestions on how to go about solving this problem? Kind regards Adam

add a column in the testimonials table called approved, or something similar, that would a value, like 0 or 1, true or false, yes or no. when the testimonial are added automatically have them inserted so that they don't display (aren't approved) (0, false, no, etc). Then create an admin section for someone to login to, display all the testimonials and let them change the value of that flag, using a checkbox, or radio buttons, or something similar. Then only have your testimonials display script show only approved testimonials (1, true, yes).

When you put it like that, you think so simple, why didn't I think of that!thesciencist - Thanks for your help.

Archived