Shop error (num rows...)

rootKID

Hello W3S... im having this error: (LOOK AT ATTACHED PICTURE...) and here is my shop.php code:

include ("shop_undermenu.php");$catID = $_GET['cat_id'];if(!isset($catID)){$result = mysql_query ('SELECT * FROM `shop_cat` ORDER BY shop_cat_id ASC LIMIT 1');$row = mysql_fetch_assoc ($result);$catID = $row['shop_cat_id'];}$query = "SELECT * FROM shop_items WHERE FK_catID = ".$catID;$result = mysql_query($query); if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0){echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>";echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>Add</td>";echo "<td>Amount</td>";echo "<td>Product Name</td>";echo "<td>Price</td>";echo "<td>More Info</td>";echo "</tr>";while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){echo "<tr>\n";echo "<td><input type='checkbox' name='check_addbox[".$row['item_id']."]' /></td>\n"; ////extra array...echo "<td><input type='text' name='amount[".$row['item_id']."]' size='1' value='1' /></td>\n"; //With extra array...echo "<td>".$row['item_name']."</td>\n";echo "<td>".$row['item_price']."</td>\n";echo "<td><a href='details.php'>Info</a></td>\n";echo "</tr>\n";}echo "</table>"; echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'";echo "<tr>";echo "<td><input type='submit' name='add_item' id='submit' class='shop_add_submit_button' value='Update Cart' /></td>";echo "</tr>";echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}//Ending IF (Num_Rows...)else{echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>"; echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>ERROR!</td>";echo "</tr>"; echo "</table>";echo "</form>";    echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>"; echo "<tr>";echo "<td>There are no Products added yet.</td>";echo "</tr>"; echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}  if(isset($_POST['add_item'])){if(!empty($_POST['check_addbox'])){  foreach($_POST['check_addbox'] as $p_id => $check)  {   $amount = $_POST['amount'][$p_id]; //Getting the Amount from the box...   $_SESSION['cart'][$p_id] += $amount; //adding them to the session...   header("location: shop.php");  }}}

and that runs ok... the problem is in the shop_undermenu.php file i think... Code:

<?php$under_query = "SELECT * FROM shop_cat";$under_result = mysql_query($under_query)or die(mysql_error());while($u_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($under_result)){echo "<a href='shop.php?cat_id=".$u_row['shop_cat_id']."'>".$u_row['shop_cat_name']."</a> ";}?>

ideas on how to fix would be greate :)... and note that im telling it to go to the First Category automaticly... but why its giving that error in the picture i dont know... i mean... i tried for fun to delete all of the SQL tables i had about the cat... (with a backup ofcourse...) but what i wish is that if there is no categories... but still products... and the products does not appear... then i wish just to show the error messeage that i was trying to like in the picture... ideas would be awsome... thanks W3S... Regards: rootKID -> Further information (in Details) can be given if this is not enough :)...

Edited by rootKID

Is shop_cat_id an numeric or a text? Also, what's on line 63?

Is shop_cat_id an numeric or a text? Also, what's on line 63?
Shop.php Line -> 63
if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)

and the pictures added is the (shop_items),(shop_cat) tables i have...that should answer the question i suppose :)...

Your error is inside that big if statement starting on line 63. Empty it and confirm that you don't get the same error. Then start adding back lines until you find the problem. If you can't fix it let us know. EDIT:Use exit; to avoid misleading errors.

Edited by niche

I use

or die(mysql_error());

Edited by niche

ok... will try.... thanks :)... posting feedback if can't fix :).. EDIT: jSG... you said i had a error in the SQL... but what error exacly... cannot see it :S...

Edited by rootKID

rootKID, justsomeguy is right. The error said it was expecting a resource. The successful output from your query generates a sql resource so its absence says the query failed.

but where... i mean... what do i need to fix? :/... just can't see it :/...

Change

if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)

to

mysql_num_rows($result);exit;

and add code from post six to the end of your query. Then report back.

Edited by niche

do i need to remove the Whole If/Else word?... i mean... just the if/else and not stuff from inside...?

still the same as in the picture i have added in post #7...

That's good. Did you add

or die(mysql_error());

to the end of your queries?

If I read correctly, this is the query that's supposed to have an error:SELECT * FROM shop_items WHERE FK_catID = ".$catID Print out the value of that and see what it looks like.

yes i have done the mysql query error checking in all the query's now... on both files :)...

Ingolme... you was right... somfthing is wrong with that query... picture added...

ti does not gets a ID... and still trying to get the ID... i know that part... just not what to write to fix... :/... EDIT: ok... i think i might have fixed the shop_undermenu.php file... (the one that shows the categories...) with the very same tag (if)...CODE:

<?php$under_query = "SELECT * FROM shop_cat";$under_result = mysql_query($under_query)or die(mysql_error());if(mysql_num_rows($under_result)>0)//Checking to see if there is any rows to take...{while($u_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($under_result)){echo "<a href='shop.php?cat_id=".$u_row['shop_cat_id']."'>".$u_row['shop_cat_name']."</a> ";}}//If ends...else {echo "No categories to show... come back again later ...";}?>

the only problem im getting this now: (LOOK AT ATTACH IMAGE...) and no clue what to do now... hoping answers soon.. thanks :)...(will go to bed now... hoping a answer by morning... elsewhere i am really clueless right now...) :/... PS: Here are the Shop.php Code... just in case... lol :)... CODE:

include ("shop_undermenu.php");$catID = $_GET['cat_id'];if(!isset($catID)){$result = mysql_query ('SELECT * FROM `shop_cat` ORDER BY shop_cat_id ASC LIMIT 1')or die(mysql_error());;$row = mysql_fetch_assoc ($result);$catID = $row['shop_cat_id'];}$query = "SELECT * FROM shop_items WHERE FK_catID = ".$catID;echo "<pre>";print_r($query);echo "</pre>";$result = mysql_query($query)or die(mysql_error());if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)//Checking to see if there is any rows to take...{echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>";echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>Add</td>";echo "<td>Amount</td>";echo "<td>Product Name</td>";echo "<td>Price</td>";echo "<td>More Info</td>";echo "</tr>";while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){echo "<tr>\n";echo "<td><input type='checkbox' name='check_addbox[".$row['item_id']."]' /></td>\n"; ////extra array...echo "<td><input type='text' name='amount[".$row['item_id']."]' size='1' value='1' /></td>\n"; //With extra array...echo "<td>".$row['item_name']."</td>\n";echo "<td>".$row['item_price']."</td>\n";echo "<td><a href='details.php'>Info</a></td>\n";echo "</tr>\n";}echo "</table>";echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'";echo "<tr>";echo "<td><input type='submit' name='add_item' id='submit' class='shop_add_submit_button' value='Update Cart' /></td>";echo "</tr>";echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}//Ending IF (Num_Rows...)else{echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>";echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>ERROR!</td>";echo "</tr>";echo "</table>";echo "</form>";echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>";echo "<tr>";echo "<td>There are no Products added yet.</td>";echo "</tr>";echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}  if(isset($_POST['add_item'])){if(!empty($_POST['check_addbox'])){  foreach($_POST['check_addbox'] as $p_id => $check)  {   $amount = $_POST['amount'][$p_id]; //Getting the Amount from the box...   $_SESSION['cart'][$p_id] += $amount; //adding them to the session...   header("location: shop.php");  }}}

Edited by rootKID

$_GET to blank?... would that not just give an another error?...and what do you mean with the cat table to be empty?... it allready is empty... and giving no errors due to the fix i just did... the only thing that im needing to fix is the shop.php now... :/... EDIT: orr is it me that does not understand what's being told...?...

Edited by rootKID

first thing is you need to make sure you are even getting a value for $_GET['cat_id'] when the link.

var_dump($_GET);$catID = $_GET['cat_id'];

you wouldn't get an error because when the GET/POST are passed, they are converted to strings, so a blank value would just become an empty string, '' and also by verifying that there is even a value when you output it in the HTML

$under_query = "SELECT * FROM shop_cat";$under_result = mysql_query($under_query)or die(mysql_error());while($u_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($under_result)){echo "<a href='shop.php?cat_id=".$u_row['shop_cat_id']."'>".$u_row['shop_cat_name']."</a> ";}

make sure when you view the source of your page, that there is even a value being assign by $u_row['shop_cat_id'] the shop_cat table needs to have records in it in the first place right? Or else how would see any links? The loop wouldn't run in that situation. This is basic debugging. You need to trace all steps of your code, and know what each part is doing at all times.

i do know what each part does... just that sometimes i kinda forget when its getting to the higher places like this... i mean... alot of codes in one place :)... but thanks... i will try and then post feedback if i succes... but just one more question... do i need to use the variable $catID that was created instead of the $u_row?... i mean... would it be the same... its both the same id... and giving less query's... right?... EDIT: going to bed... but giving feedback tomorrow... thanks for now :)...

Edited by rootKID

hello again, hoping you still see this... i have now fixed the under-menu problem... but what i realize now is that its never been the category problem... but the shop... when a product does not gets a ID, then error.... but what i do not understand is that i have setted it into a (IF/ELSE) php word, so it should not give a error... shop.php Code below:

$catID = $_GET['cat_id'];if(!isset($catID)){$result = mysql_query ('SELECT * FROM `shop_cat` ORDER BY shop_cat_id ASC LIMIT 1')or die(mysql_error());$row = mysql_fetch_assoc ($result);$catID = $row['shop_cat_id'];}$query = "SELECT * FROM shop_items WHERE FK_catID = ".$catID;/*echo "<pre>";print_r($query);echo "</pre>";*/$result = mysql_query($query)or die(mysql_error()); if(mysql_num_rows($result)>0)//Checking to see if there is any rows to take...{echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>";echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>Add</td>";echo "<td>Amount</td>";echo "<td>Product Name</td>";echo "<td>Price</td>";echo "<td>More Info</td>";echo "</tr>";while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){echo "<tr>\n";echo "<td><input type='checkbox' name='check_addbox[".$row['item_id']."]' /></td>\n"; ////extra array...echo "<td><input type='text' name='amount[".$row['item_id']."]' size='1' value='1' /></td>\n"; //With extra array...echo "<td>".$row['item_name']."</td>\n";echo "<td>".$row['item_price']." USD</td>\n";echo "<td><a href='details.php'>Info</a></td>\n";echo "</tr>\n";}echo "</table>"; echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'";echo "<tr>";echo "<td><input type='submit' name='add_item' id='submit' class='shop_add_submit_button' value='Update Cart' /></td>";echo "</tr>";echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}//Ending IF (Num_Rows...)else{echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>"; echo "<tr class='shop_tr_holder_css'>";echo "<td>ERROR!</td>";echo "</tr>"; echo "</table>";echo "</form>";    echo "<form action='' method='post'>";echo "<table class='shop_table_100'>"; echo "<tr>";echo "<td>There are no Products added yet.</td>";echo "</tr>"; echo "</table>";echo "</form>";}  if(isset($_POST['add_item'])){if(!empty($_POST['check_addbox'])){  foreach($_POST['check_addbox'] as $p_id => $check)  {   $amount = $_POST['amount'][$p_id]; //Getting the Amount from the box...   $_SESSION['cart'][$p_id] += $amount; //adding them to the session...   header("location: shop.php");  }}}

Category code below, then you also have that part...:

$under_query = "SELECT * FROM shop_cat";$under_result = mysql_query($under_query)or die(mysql_error());  if(mysql_num_rows($under_result)>0)//Checking to see if there is any rows to take...{while($u_row = mysql_fetch_assoc($under_result)){echo "<a href='shop.php?cat_id=".$u_row['shop_cat_id']."'>".$u_row['shop_cat_name']."</a> ";}}//If ends...else {echo "No categories added yet...";}

but the code are about the shop.php...how can i fix it?... (Look at attachment if so...)