Data type SQL table limits

ibrahimjan

Hi I created a relations sql statement between three tables, the problem is that my table tx and img is limited to only 1024 characters, is there a way I can change the data typ to display more than that, like use type = TEXT?? This is my statment:

SELECTCONCAT('{"weID":"',wb.weID, ',"size_h":"',wb.size_h, ',"size_w":"', wb.size_w,'","text":[') as bs,  CONCAT (GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT'{"weID":"',wt.weID,'","txtID":"',wt.txtID, '","txtText":"', wt.txtText, '","txtColour":"', wt.txtColour,'"}')) as txt,  CONCAT(GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT '{"weID":"',wi.weID,'"',',"imgName":"',wi.imgName,'","imgName":"', wi.imgName,'","imgMTX5":"', wi.imgMTX5,'","imgMTX6":"',wi.imgMTX6,'","imgWidth":"',wi.imgWidth,'","imgHeight":"', wi.imgHeight,'","imgZindex":"', wi.ImgZindex,'"}'))as img  FROM wb, wt, wi WHERE wb.weID = wt.weID and wb.weID = wi.weID GROUP BY wb.weID ORDER BY GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT wb.weID) ASC

• Like 1

thank you, what I did was changed the vale of group_concat_max_len from my.ini permanently, that worked very well.this is what I found out: The result is truncated to the maximum length that is given by the group_concat_max_len system variable, which has a default value of 1024. The value can be set higher, although the effective maximum length of the return value is constrained by the value of max_allowed_packet. The syntax to change the value of group_concat_max_len at runtime is as follows, where val is an unsigned integer: SET [GLOBAL | SESSION] group_concat_max_len = val;-- http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...n_group-concat