[ASK]how to display data from the database in the menu select?

fikiwan

hey eryone I want do edit a menu select , ex: a menu selct Date , how to display data from db in the menu select it , Can help me :) Thask befpre

you have too loop through the db result set and display each option tag in side select tag. have you tried anything yet?

I hv problem fo display month I try lke this , but not running , wht wrong ??

<?php                    for ($i=1; $i<=12; $i++) {                   	                        $sele[$i]=="";                        if ($i == $bln)                        $sele[$i] == "SELECTED";                                           	                    }                	    echo("<option value=\"1\" $sele [1]>Januari");	    echo ("<option value=\"2\" $sele [2]>Februari");		 echo ("<option value=\"3\" $sele [3]>Maret");          echo ("<option value=\"4\" $sele [4]>April");           echo ("<option value=\"5\" $sele [5]>Mei");       	 echo ("<option value=\"6\" $sele [6]>Juni");             echo ("<option value=\"7\" $sele [7]>Juli");              echo ("<option value=\"8\" $sele [8]>Agustus");               echo ("<option value=\"9\" $sele [9]>September");           	 echo ("<option value=\"10\" $sele [10]>Oktober");                 echo ("<option value=\"11\" $sele [11]>November");                  echo ("<option value=\"12\" $sele [12]>Desember");        ?>	 <option/> </select>	  <select name="thn" id="thn">	    <option>Tahun</option>          <?php    $date = date('Y');                for($i=1985;$i<=$date;$i++) {                $sele = ($i==$thn)?"selected" : "";                        echo "<option value='$i' $sele>$i</option>";    }                ?>

how to display in menu select data month from db ..

One problem is that I can't see the opening <select> tag for the first set of options. The second problem is that you shouldn't have a space between $sele and [1]. Because the [1] is now being interpretted as plain text, and $sele outputs "Array"

• Like 1

One problem is that I can't see the opening <select> tag for the first set of options. The second problem is that you shouldn't have a space between $sele and [1]. Because the [1] is now being interpretted as plain text, and $sele outputs "Array"
oh thanks I get it
 <select name="bln" id="bln">    	    <option value="0" selected="selected">Bulan</option>        <?php                    for ($i=1; $i<=12; $i++) {                        //$bl = ($i<10) ? "0$i" : $i;                        $sele [$i] = "";                        if ($i == $bln)                        $sele [$i] = "SELECTED";                                                //echo "<option value='$bl' $sele>$bl</option>";                        }                	    echo("<option value=\"1\" $sele[1]>Januari");	    echo ("<option value=\"2\" $sele[2]>Februari");		 echo ("<option value=\"3\" $sele[3]>Maret");          echo ("<option value=\"4\" $sele[4]>April");           echo ("<option value=\"5\" $sele[5]>Mei");       	 echo ("<option value=\"6\" $sele[6]>Juni");             echo ("<option value=\"7\" $sele[7]>Juli");              echo ("<option value=\"8\" $sele[8]>Agustus");               echo ("<option value=\"9\" $sele[9]>September");           	 echo ("<option value=\"10\" $sele[10]>Oktober");                 echo ("<option value=\"11\" $sele[11]>November");                  echo ("<option value=\"12\" $sele[12]>Desember");                 ?> <option/></select>

now its work .. ths :) now how to menu select other ex :

<select name="genl" class="genl">	    <option>Jenis Kelamin</option>            if ()	    <option value="L">MEN</option>	    <option value="P">WOMEN</option>	  </select>

wht I should doing fo it . ??

Edited by fikiwan

i am not sure what are you trying to do? if() is not doing anything and also probably out of the context of php. it seems like it is outside php block. to execute control structure like if-else it needs to be in php block.

oh thank I get it :) my trying lke this

<select name="jenl" class="jenl">		<option selected="selected">Gender</option>			<?php												if ($hasil['jenkel'] == "L")echo"<option value=\"L\" selected>Meni</option>";			else echo"<option value=\"L\" >Men</option>";						 if ($hasil['jenkel'] == "P")echo"<option value=\"P\" selected>Women</option>";			else echo"<option value=\"P\" >Women</option>";		?>	  </select>

is there an easier way , ??makasih atas masukannya .... :)

Edited by fikiwan

You're going to have to remove the selected="selected" from the first option. You can't have two options selected at the same time. You can include the "selected" part into the string.

$selected = ($hasil['jenkel'] == "L" ? 'selected="selected"' : '');echo "<option value=\"L\" {$selected}>Meni</option>";

• Like 1