PHP sending through SMTP

Demonwolf

Hi all I have a MS Server 2008R2 set up with IIS7 In IIS I have set up an SMTP (with the IIS6 requirements) and the standard PHP that you get with it all. The SMTP server works. Reason we have to use a local SMTP server to interface with our actual mail server is because the external server requires TLS authentication and many smaller office scanning machines don't support it. I am able to send mail through the SMTP without issue, both from an office MFP and from a mail client like Outlook 2010. The PHP works too. I have it displaying PHP webpages and even going as far as accessing ODBC data resources. However, the two of them don't work together. I create a basic webpage that is as follows:

<html><body>  <?php   if (mail("me@example.com","Test Subject","Test body"))	{echo "success";}	else	{echo "failed";}  ?></body><html>

I also have the following in the PHP.ini I found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\"

[mail function]SMTP = localhostsmtp_port = 25sendmail_from = no-reply@example.com

And yet, all I get is "failed" each time I have run the webpage. Anyone have any ideas on where I can get the PHP/SMTP/Other logs to give me more information? I have monitored the queue folder for the SMTP and it doesn't seem to even receive the mail from the PHP site.

Guest LH91325

There's only two things I can think of at the moment. 1. You might want to introduce a from header in your call to mail(), even though you have a default. Maybe it will change something.. 2. Add more error reporting: http://php.net/manual/en/function.error-reporting.php (turn it on to maximum) It's too bad mail() returns only true and false. Not much information there. (Just 1 bit.) I doubt either suggestion will help but it's better than trying nothing.

There's only two things I can think of at the moment. 1. You might want to introduce a from header in your call to mail(), even though you have a default. Maybe it will change something.. 2. Add more error reporting: http://php.net/manua...r-reporting.php (turn it on to maximum) It's too bad mail() returns only true and false. Not much information there. (Just 1 bit.) I doubt either suggestion will help but it's better than trying nothing.
Thanks. I have tried adding the "from" into the call of mail. It is how I had it originally and it changed nothing. I went hunting for more logs and found something in the PHP logs that it is not connecting to the mail server at all. I think it may be my SMTP, I cannot telnet to that server on port 25.