XSLT for XML to JSON

manus26

Need an xslt to convert xml into json.I have a xml file which is having 3 attributes.The value in the 3rd attribute is another xml file.I need an xslt which can read the value of the 3rd attribute as another xml (not just a value) and can convert it into json format. <?xml version="1.0"?> <ResultSet> <attribute1>123</attribute1> <attribute2>456</attribute2> <attribute3> <?xml version="1.0"?> // Need this xml (i.e. value of third attribute) to be converted into Json <NewResultSet> <rowset> <node1>111</node1> <node2>222</node2> </rowset> <rowset> <node1>333</node1> <node2>444</node2> </rowset> </NewResultSet> </attribute3> </ResultSet>

• Like 1

How should the JSON look like? I mean, there isn't a 1:1 mapping between them, so...I'll assume you want every element name to be a JSON name, and every text() node to be a JSON value. In that case, the following should work:

<xsl:template match="*">		<xsl:if test="not(preceding-sibling::*)">{</xsl:if>"<xsl:value-of select="local-name()"/>": <xsl:apply-templates/>		<xsl:choose>			<xsl:when test="following-sibling::*">,</xsl:when>			<xsl:otherwise>}</xsl:otherwise>		</xsl:choose>	</xsl:template>

However, you may have to remove the XML prolog at the start of attribute3, as some XML parsers don't allow this.