About PHP tutorial

Jack McKalling

Very much I like it! Also all the rest of the tutorials. Very good indeed :)But for PHP, comparing it with the other tuts, there are only syntax lessons and some references to functions on a other site... Why can't we learn more? :(:)

Agree. There are not enough functions described.How about some way to upload files with PHP for example? I found such a tutorial though, so for me this would be useless now :) .Also, there are many cases in which I see the adress field act as a pointer for the PHP file. See the adress on this page for example. The "?showtopic=44" is somehow pointing the file to show the topic with an ID# of 44(in other words: this topic). I have no idea how this works and it's not mentioned in the tutorial either. Or if it is, I didn't found it.

I've learnt PHP purely from the official php.net website. The tutorial there is a great help.As long as you know the basics, which IMO the W3Schools tutorial gave me, then PHP is pretty simple, with only a couple of exceptions (I had to help a friend write an uploading script lately, that wasn't so easy as finding the base directory was fun, but even a tutorial wouldn't have helped much there).

Very much I like it! Also all the rest of the tutorials. Very good indeed :)But for PHP, comparing it with the other tuts, there are only syntax lessons and some references to functions on a other site... Why can't we learn more? :(:)

yep... maybe they should add more examples... HTML/CSS tutorials have a lot of examples... why dont they do the same for PHP Tuts?

Well, instead of us all sitting here and complaining, we CAN make it a lot easier and write them ourselves! :) Im sure they'd be happy to host it on W3Schools.

Well, instead of us all sitting here and complaining, we CAN make it a lot easier and write them ourselves! :) Im sure they'd be happy to host it on W3Schools.

Good idea... They should create a section here "only" used for posting a lot of PHP (or other script) examples. but forum members will be the ones who would be verifying the correctness/accuracy of it. If W3schools like the examples. they could even add it to the website just like what you said.