Calling Footer from Single File to Several Files

amitamberker

Guest So Called

A typical shared hosting plan would be about $5/month, 30 day full refund offer, 6 month term = about $30 spent, a pretty small amount compared to many hobbies. Usually includes one domain name registration.

Please let me know if I could go-ahead with this or not.
You can go ahead with whatever you want, whatever works for you. I would say that an iframe is a pretty poor replacement for using PHP includes though. It's going to slow the page down, you're adding additional requests for each piece. That doesn't happen when you include the code with PHP. It's really not difficult to rename your files and get on with your life, I don't understand what your problem is there. Every single person developing PHP code has either found a way around or has adapted to the problems that you think you'll have. You're going to need PHP skills if you expect to get freelancing work, nobody pays for static HTML and CSS sites any more. As soon as someone says they want a contact form or login area they're above your work level.

Guest So Called

My suggestion to use JS to write in the footer, or to use .htaccess to cause HTML files to be evaluated by the PHP processor are pretty poor solutions too. I was just throwing them out there as ideas. I'd never use either of those myself. Particularly when simply switching to PHP is such a clean solution. I agree with what JSG says, in my own words: the days of flat HTML websites are dead and gone, except perhaps for hobbyists and personal pages, and a very few static one-page sites that small businesses such as restaurants have placed on the Internet, just so they can be found if somebody Googles them. Most modern websites would be impossible to deliver in flat HTML. HTML cannot deliver dynamic content and most sites are dynamic. Most sites work with some sort of scripting front end server and back end database server, like LAMP or MSFT IIS for example. You need to know HTML and CSS to design such sites, but you can't make them without scripting knowledge (both server and browser) and database knowledge. I think it's not unusual for amateurs or beginners to make the leap from HTML to PHP when they want a hit counter, want to use include files, or want a real contact form. Once you start adding things like that you might as well just make the switch to PHP and get it over with. Anybody who is learning PHP will have dozens or hundreds of good ideas after they make the switch, none of them practical with HTML alone. Even hobbyists should make the switch, but anybody who intends to go professional MUST make the switch at some point. You'll never find work unless you're adept in either LAMP or MSFT IIS (or both). Most HTML pages should work fine just renaming them to .PHP. The only exception I can think of is if the HTML already has <? or <?php which will kick it out ot HTML mode, which you want to happen only when you intend it, and there's ways of dealing with that if your HTML must have that (usually solved by using character entities). I'd like to see a good reason stated for NOT switching the HTML pages to PHP, other than not needing any PHP features (such as the ability to have include files).

Hello Everyone,Thanks a lot for all your support and help BUT I am feeling this hard. Unfortunately dsonesuk is not around. Maybe he would have told me what needs to be done and I could have just followed him. But anyways........... No worries. Please find the attached Zip file for your reference.
The reason i have not put in my cents worth, is that the answer has already been provided, change files to php and use include(), thats it done! install wamp on local pc, so you can see the result on local server instead of uploading to host server done! problem solved, which has already been stated before, if you can't be bother to take the advice provided, then that is your problem, we have done our bit.
  • Like 1

Guest So Called

It is kind of silly for somebody asking for help to deny it from all and instead insist on getting it from one specific person.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The reason i have not put in my cents worth, is that the answer has already been provided, change files to php and use include(), thats it done! install wamp on local pc, so you can see the result on local server instead of uploading to host server done! problem solved, which has already been stated before, if you can't be bother to take the advice provided, then that is your problem, we have done our bit.
Hi dsonesuk,Thanks for your reply. I know all the members have done their bit. Even I tried my best to follow them. I changed to php and used include(), but it was not done. I had installed wamp on my Dell Inspiron 1520 Laptop to see the result but somehow I could not see the results. Perhaps I was doing something wrong. But yes, I tried to the best of my ability but failed to succeed. And hence, I gave-up. Few weeks ago I opened all the HTML Files and Chanced the "Copy Right" info 1 by 1 in all the HTML Pages manually. Next Year (2013) again I have to open all those HTML Pages and Update "Copy Right" info manually in all the pages.