Being able to see how xml/schema/html etc. documents interact with each other

Ag-Chieve

Hi, I quite enjoy learning with w3schools but one thing that frustrates me while trying to learn is that in the examples, if there is an outside source referenced in the code (the xml tutorial for example), it is not shown in the examples. The xml tutorials tell me that I can pull info from an xml document into an html document and it gives me the html code that references an xml document located somewhere on the w3schools servers. The problem I have is that I want to see the xml document, too, so I can see exactly how the two interact with each other. So, I suggest that if tutorials reference outside documents in the html code (or if a schema is referenced in an xml document, etc.) please show both documents so that it is easier to understand how they interact with each other. Thanks.

Thank you for your suggestion. Having the student get their own xml due to frustration with the material is not a good practice for a school. The file should be put beside the document that references it for ... well, reference. That's just my humble opinion as a person who likes this service and would like to see it be the best that it can be. This is like learning how to solve a math problem but only being able to see half of the problem you're supposed to solve.

Edited by Ag-Chieve

One of the most important skills you can learn is research. It's your responsibility to get the things you need to help you, and if they're pointing to a certain XML file then you can get the same file. It's just like looking up information in the PHP manual instead of asking about basic things here, being able to do your own research is a very important part of programming.

Research is important? Wow. Thanks for the tip. Anyway, all sarcasm, aside, though, the topic of this particular forum is suggestions on how to improve W3schools and I was giving my suggestion on how to improve it. (A suggestion that makes perfect sense, by the way.) You could just thank me for my suggestion instead of making up excuses as to why it shouldn't or isn't in place.