how to find who just join

divinedesigns1

hello, i am trying something new, well new for me that is, and im not sure how to go about doing this, i am trying to find out who just joined my page and if the person just join i would like to display that person name onto the site. i just need to know how to find out who just join and i believe i can take it from there

Just make sure there's a column in your user table for the datetime they joined and do an ajax call that runs onload that selects that column. EDIT : Or selects on refresh in the case of php

Edited by niche

Does your user table have a column that stores a user's join datetime? If not, add one. If so, just display the relevant info or the member that most recently joined when your page loads. Super simple in php.

you need to set a column for join time as unix timestamp. and you need to select users with descending order(ORDER BY jointime DESC) on that timestamp column. if you want to get only one last user use LIMIT.

• Like 2

Good point about LIMIT. Originally, I just ran a fetch array once. That began to slow things down as more users came online.

yes,in any case It is always good not to pull the data which you are not going to use anyway.It will be waste of resource.

Edited by birbal

what i did was do a num row, then i fetch the information by its ID order by descending, which work perfectly find, but imma try it you way because i still want to add more stuff to it :) and im just messing around with my clients work, since he doesnt need it any time soon hehehehe

doing order by in id column also is fine if it is PK autoincremented.

The issue with ordering by the ID is that you don't know when they joined. If you had a date column then you can say how long ago they joined, or it will let you only get people who have joined within a certain time.
that sound more interested ok, well im back on the pc, had to take a break so ill use yall suggestions

yeah that works, imma have to test it out when i wake up to see if its gonna pick up the ppl who join by each dated

so i got it working, by taking part of what you guys said to do and using the date(); function in php, i created a variable for the date(); function then i placed it into a while loop then i echo out the new user name, soo i did

$mdy = date('F d Y');the query();if($mdy){while($toshow = mysqli_fetch_array(the query variable here/ result variable however you code)){echo $toshow['column'];}}