How to make a Picture Resizer? Oo..

rootKID

Hello W3S people again. once again im in a little need of help. at least to get it started, im a little lost in this matter...im in the half-way exams at this week. and we got told to make a admin system that could upload images to products... that part i (CAN) do...but here comes my problem... i dont know the part of resizing the images...any ideas or suggestions would be pretty awsome! and thats not for kidding...i just need a little help for the beginning of it, so i can see the syntax... Hoping answers or suggestions soon!... thanks alot in advance! :).

• Like 1

I just preload a pic inside a div with a preset height and width and use a form to manipulate the properties I've built in the script. Image margin and width and height ( as % of the px) allow me to crop the pic in seconds.

Edited by niche

thanks for the advice... but that part i allready know on how to do... that is actually pretty easy if you ask me :P... but the problem lies in that part that we (have) to do the resize if we can... i can't right now... but im at least trying... PS: is there not a way to do this in PHP coding?...

thanks for the advice... but that part i allready know on how to do... that is actually pretty easy if you ask me :P... but the problem lies in that part that we (have) to do the resize if we can... i can't right now... but im at least trying... PS: is there not a way to do this in PHP coding?...
There is... go to: http://php.net/manual/en/book.image.php
  • Like 1

As a practical matter how is imagecopyresampled() different from adjusting a pic's height% and width% with css? I understand the the processes are different, but what are the advantages, over css, demonstrated by #1 & #2 example at http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopyresampled.php ?

Styling with CSS still causes the entire file to be transferred from the server, and the resizing performed by the browser does not include resampling so the picture looks less smooth. If you actually resize the file then you don't need 1MB to download a picture that you're going to show at only 300x200.

• Like 1

ok, thanks.. will try out the stuff... been helpfull so far... thanks! :)..

hello again, just a fast question... i am trying to make a small if statement... like so:

($k_row['til_dag'] == 0) ? "": "$k_row[til_dag]";

but its not numbers im getting out, but words... so am i stupposed to use the (== 0)?... or what else should i use?... thanks in advance... :)...

Did you really mean "$k_row[til_dag]" or do you want $k_row['til_dag']? If not, please provide more context.

sorry for late reply all... and thanks birbal, i will read up upon it... and niche, i did mean ("$k_row[til_dag]")... what diffrence does it makes?...

Well in the ternary, in post #10, if your first condition doesn't equal 0 text is returned. "$k_row[til_dag]" is text obviously.

PHP does variable interpolation in between double quotes. What I don't see is the how the OP is getting a value from that line, since is he just checking the condition, not doing anything with it. Can the entire code be posted? What is text that you aren't expecting to be text? Have you debugged to check it's value before and after you do anything to it? You need to debug and show us all the relevant code and tell us what is/isn't working.

lol... i have allready finded out, it was a freaking (echo) statement i forgot.. sorry guys, allready done the job... but to try finish what i was going to tell, then i was trying to output somfthing from db (the days names... Monday,Friday,ect...) and then some hours like (11.pm-10-am,ect...) to show people in a shop im making when the shop is open and go on... but that is fixed and done now...so no worries... so the if statement worked/works ;)...