A minor bug on this forum

Jack McKalling

Edit: correction, two little ones :)Seeing the forums, the QUOTE button has a blue border.The rest don't, so I assume there is a difference between the definition of those images and this one?It can change from a "+" sign into a "-" sign but does not do anything.Second, the "Proceding, wait a moment"-page has its content left-aligned, which may look better when centered? :( not? :)

Edited by Dan The Prof

I now understand how that QUOTE button works, only it doesn't. If QUOTE in "+" state, "Reply" should act as quote. If QUOTE in "-" state, "Reply" should act as just reply.It does reply when quote is in "+" state, but in "-" state Reply does also quote, and not just Reply.Am I understandable :) ?

I think it is like this:There is a Reply button and a Quote button. The Quote gives additional info to the Reply one, if the former post should be quoted that is.If it should, the Quote button says "+" else "-", am I right? :) :)

• 1 month later...

I still consider this as a bug :(I guess that the quote "switch" button should deactivate the quoting when turned red, but it doesnt have ANY effect :DWhy ? :)--------And second, why is the code of that button in the quote box displayed in the text field? Why isn't it just automatically added to the post? Just to let us be able to remove it :) ?

It might look like the QUOTE button is set to [+] by default, but it's actually set to inactive. The [+] sign means that you can click there to turn "quote post" on, the button turning red, meaning it's active. Then a [-] sign is displayed, as if saying "Do you want to turn quoting OFF?"And it's nice to be able to edit the quote, so you can remove the things quoted not relevant to what you want to respond to...

I understand, but still you are wrong :)I mean it does not matter if I click it or not, it is always quotedwacko1.gif

The difference is if you press the reply at the bottom. You can quote several posts and click the reply on the bottom, which will insert the quotes in your reply...

No, again not true :DYou say I can turn on several quotes? Only the last one gets inserted :)And if I turn on the last quote, click the reply of the very same post, I get the SAME as when I did NOT turned on the quote :(And THAT is my point :)

No, again not true :)You say I can turn on several quotes? Only the last one gets inserted :)

Not for me. If you press reply from topic, only that quote gets inserted, true, but if you turn on several quotes, and I can't stress this enough, then click on the reply button at the BOTTOM of the FORUM, it works. At least it does in Opera.

No, again not true :blink:You say I can turn on several quotes? Only the last one gets inserted :DAnd if I turn on the last quote, click the reply of the very same post, I get the SAME as when I did NOT turned on the quote :)And THAT is my point :)

Not for me. If you press reply from topic, only that quote gets inserted, true, but if you turn on several quotes, and I can't stress this enough, then click on the reply button at the BOTTOM of the FORUM, it works. At least it does in Opera.

Stupid internet explorer. *whistles* That's your problem, I tried it out. IPB hates IE. The clash of the I's... :(

Or maybe I just misunderstood "the bottom reply button" :)This topic may be closed. :(