Images at the same distance ....?

eduard

That is 2 of many examples that could have been given, but it depend on set width images to fit small screen size/resolution, it looks fine in wide screen, in smaller will cause it to stack and look a mess unlessimage width, if fixed or fluid, and set min-width to control layout of images, is taken into account. AND answer to your question 1) YOU did not give direct access link to page, just go here, then here, then here, and which caused some to go wrong location and gave wrong solution as your site is a utter mess.2) YOU change from row of 4 images to row of 2 or 33) YOU can't be bothered to do the work yourself and always really just to do the work for YOU.4) That link shows a messed up display of broken images that are all over the place which is just what i expected to see from YOU.5) SO why 'Wasn´t such a clear and simple answer not possible at W3Schools?' BECAUSE OF wait for it!.... YOU!
But the most important thing I miss: the link to my stylesheet (css) doesn´t work. So, all desperate attemps for more than 1 week didn´t make any sense

But the most important thing I miss: the link to my stylesheet (css) doesn´t work. So, all desperate attemps for more than 1 week didn´t make any sense
And that's just one of the many problems that we could've easily solved in minutes if we only had access to the damaged page.

:facepalm: why, why, why would YOU not sort the link to css problem FIRST, before wasting a week trying tro fix the images problem. OH keep forgetting, its YOU!
:)

And that's just one of the many problems that we could've easily solved in minutes if we only had access to the damaged page.
Damaged page? You can see my html doc and you could see that the link to my css isn't good written!

Damaged page? You can see my html doc and you could see that the link to my css isn't good written!
When I say "damaged page", I mean "the page that you're having a problem with" (do you really need me to be that verbose from now on?).The code
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../ex4.css">

is a perfectly valid HTML code.How am I supposed to know that you don't have a file called "ex4.css" located in the parent folder of wherever the HTML is? There isn't a rule stopping you from doing that. The only way I could've known is if you publish the page on your site.Next time we ask you to help us help you, would you actually let us help you by helping us, instead of resisting and delaying by asking unnecessary questions, and then wondering why we aren't helping?

When I say "damaged page", I mean "the page that you're having a problem with" (do you really need me to be that verbose from now on?). The code
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../ex4.css">

is a perfectly valid HTML code. How am I supposed to know that you don't have a file called "ex4.css" located in the parent folder of wherever the HTML is? There isn't a rule stopping you from doing that. The only way I could've known is if you publish the page on your site. Next time we ask you to help us help you, would you actually let us help you by helping us, instead of resisting and delaying by asking unnecessary questions, and then wondering why we aren't helping?

Wrong! I don't have a damaged file! The error was: ../. ex4.css has always been in that folder! Unnecesary questions? Wrong answers!!! Edited by eduardlid

Wrong! I don't have a damaged file!
Who's saying you do? I didn't say that. Read my post again please:
When I say "damaged page", I mean "the page that you're having a problem with"

Who's saying you do? I didn't say that. Read my post again please:
You can give me 1.000.000 excuses, but until now no one has written: yes, the link to your style sheet wasn't good!

Yes, the link to your style sheet wasn't good... but we could've found this out earlier if you did what we asked of you.Strictly speaking, we actually don't know if the link to your style sheet is good now... you still haven't posted the... page you have problems with... so we're just taking your word for it.

You can give me 1.000.000 excuses, but until now no one has written: yes, the link to your style sheet wasn't good!
like usual, you're just not reading anything anyone, in this case Boen, has been telling you. Just by looking at the code you pasted to us, there was no way to tell if you had the path to your CSS file setup correctly. There's just no way. If you had put it up on a live webserver (like had been requested), we could have figured that out from the beginning. But as usual, every problem with your work is 10x harder than it needs to be for stupid reasons that usually end up being your careless approach to web development. And then you have the nerve to blame us. Edited by thescientist

There's the same old Eduard, blaming other people for his problems. That's interesting that Eduard would be the person to blame other people for making excuses. All Eduard does is make excuses. Go ahead Eduard, let's hear you ###### and moan again about how your living situation makes it impossible for you to verify that your CSS paths are correct. Here's the thing, Eduard: it's your responsibility, not ours, to make sure that your files are there and your links are correct. I don't care how new you are to web developing, it is your responsibility alone to verify things like that. You should know how to do that. You should know how to use the developer tools in every browser to verify that your files are being found and downloaded. If you don't know how to do that, it's your fault. You should know how to do that. The information to do so is in my signature and has been since I started answering your ridiculous questions. But you don't want to do research, you don't want to figure things out on your own, you want everyone who has posted in this thread to spoon feed you the answers without you ever needing to think about anything. And then you have the nerve, the arrogance, to come here and blame us for not providing answers that you can understand to your questions that you can't even explain correctly? There's a reason I don't answer your questions any more. More power to the people here who want to continue to try and fix the irreparably broken.
  • Like 2

Yes, the link to your style sheet wasn't good... but we could've found this out earlier if you did what we asked of you. Strictly speaking, we actually don't know if the link to your style sheet is good now... you still haven't posted the... page you have problems with... so we're just taking your word for it.
You could exactly see where the problem was! I posted that 10 days ago (post 1!). You gave me some hints e. g. about the developer tool (I had never used, because I didn't know they existed - now I know, BUT NOT GOOD how to solve the problem!

There's the same old Eduard, blaming other people for his problems. That's interesting that Eduard would be the person to blame other people for making excuses. All Eduard does is make excuses. Go ahead Eduard, let's hear you ###### and moan again about how your living situation makes it impossible for you to verify that your CSS paths are correct. Here's the thing, Eduard: it's your responsibility, not ours, to make sure that your files are there and your links are correct. I don't care how new you are to web developing, it is your responsibility alone to verify things like that. You should know how to do that. You should know how to use the developer tools in every browser to verify that your files are being found and downloaded. If you don't know how to do that, it's your fault. You should know how to do that. The information to do so is in my signature and has been since I started answering your ridiculous questions. But you don't want to do research, you don't want to figure things out on your own, you want everyone who has posted in this thread to spoon feed you the answers without you ever needing to think about anything. And then you have the nerve, the arrogance, to come here and blame us for not providing answers that you can understand to your questions that you can't even explain correctly? There's a reason I don't answer your questions any more. More power to the people here who want to continue to try and fix the irreparably broken.

like usual, you're just not reading anything anyone, in this case Boen, has been telling you. Just by looking at the code you pasted to us, there was no way to tell if you had the path to your CSS file setup correctly. There's just no way. If you had put it up on a live webserver (like had been requested), we could have figured that out from the beginning. But as usual, every problem with your work is 10x harder than it needs to be for stupid reasons that usually end up being your careless approach to web development. And then you have the nerve to blame us.

well, your site is already live.... but more to the point, it's because of this
well, your site is already live.... but more to the point, it's because of this
What post was that? Far from nr. 1!

Who cares about HTML and CSS? Let's find other people to blame for our problems. I'm hungry. That is dsonesuk's fault, he should have told me to eat.
Were people like html and css? Then they would be much easier (and boring too!)!