Fieldnames not unique with MSSQL

PhDJ

When I execute the following SQL statement : select IT.ITEMID, IT.ITEMNAME, IT.ITEMNAMEFR, IT.ITEMSTRUCT, IT.ITEMSTRUCT2_, IT.ITEMSTRUCT3_, IT.ITEMSTRUCT4_, IT.ITEMSTRUCT5_, IT.ITEMSTRUCT6_, ist5.DESCRIPTIONFRBE, ist5.DESCRIPTIONNLBE, ist5.DESCRIPTIONENGB, ist5.DESCRIPTIONDE, ist6.DESCRIPTIONFRBE, ist6.DESCRIPTIONNLBE, ist6.DESCRIPTIONENGB, ist6.DESCRIPTIONDE from InventTable as it join itemStructTable as ist5 on ist5.structLevelType = '5' and ist5.structLevelID = it.itemStruct5_ join itemStructTable as ist6 on ist6.structLevelType = '6' and ist6.structLevelID = it.itemStruct6_ When I print the result of the array ( via print_r(mssql_fetch_array($this->recordSet, 'MSSQL_BOTH) , the recordset is set as follows : $this->recordSet = mssql_query($sqlStatement, $this->connection); ), I get the following result : Array ( [iTEMID] => 31-0030-0347 [iTEMNAME] => Rubberdoeken Ruby UV 1,70 : 330 x 1000 mm [iTEMNAMEFR] => Blanchets Ruby UV 1,70 : 330 x 1000 mm [iTEMSTRUCT] => T [iTEMSTRUCT2_] => 31 [iTEMSTRUCT3_] => 3100 [iTEMSTRUCT4_] => 310030 [iTEMSTRUCT5_] => 310030100 [iTEMSTRUCT6_] => 310095 [DESCRIPTIONFRBE] => Ruby UV 1,70 [DESCRIPTIONNLBE] => Ruby UV 1,70 [DESCRIPTIONENGB] => Ruby UV 1,70 [DESCRIPTIONDE] => Ruby UV 1,70 ) The prefixes for the table names are not present, so I only get one set of descriptions instead of two. Is there a way to force PHP or MSSQL to give me the exact fieldnames I used in my select ?

It does return the field names, the table name is not part of the field name. If you need to distinguish between multiple fields with the same name then use aliases. ist5.DESCRIPTIONFRBE AS desc5
That works, thanks justsomeguy !