How to host my site?

Goodthing07

Hello, Im new to this whole thing and was looking to maybe put up online a website that I'm currently making to pass some time/learn some html. Anyway, as I said I'm completely new to this and am wondering if anybody would care to give me the best way to do this as well as a bit of an explanation as how to go and do with your suggestion. Please and thanks, Goodthing07.

If you're just doing this as a hobby for now then get a free web host. You can do a search to find several of them online, how you update your site will depend on what the host allows. They may give you an FTP account that you can use with an FTP client to upload your files, which is the normal way, or they may want you to use their own control panel to do things like that.

One step up is paying for hosting space on a shared server, where your account is on the same server as a lot of other accounts. That's the most common for things like small businesses, I would recommend Hostgator as a host. Then there is a virtual private server, where your server is private but is actually a virtual machine running on a larger physical server which probably hosts several other virtual servers. Then you can have a dedicated server, where you have full control over a physical server and can pretty much do whatever you want with it, including crash it. Bigger than that is a cluster of dedicated servers, where you have several physical servers acting like one big logical machine.