Annoying empty mail sending

terryds

I created a form that willl automatically send what it's filled in via email.. What is annoying is when i don't fill in the form and click submit.. The mail function also works... Can you tell me how to make it not send anything when the form isn't filled in ?

you can use isset(), empty() to determine that inputs does not submited empty. you should always validate every input from user before you use it in system. http://php.net/issethttp://php.net/empty

• Like 1

This is my code for signup.php

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Thanks for signing up!</title></head><body><h2>Wait till the admin validates your account</h2><?php$name = $_POST['fname'] . " " . $_POST['lname'];$email = $_POST['email'];$country = $_POST['country'];$gender = $_POST['gender'];$reason = $_POST['reason']; $to = 'myemail@blahblah.com';$subject = 'Admin - Validating';$msg = "$name wants to join the site.\n" . "$name 's email is $email \n" . "$name is a $gender in $country \n" . "$name wants to join because $reason";$delivery = mail ($to, $subject, $msg, 'From: ' . $email); echo 'Thanks for signing up, ' . $name . '<br />';echo 'Those datas you input will be emailed to admin' . '<br />';echo 'Name : ' . $name . '</br>';echo 'Email : ' . $email . '<br/>';echo 'Country : ' . $country . '<br />';echo 'Gender : ' . $gender . '<br />';echo 'I join this because ' . $reason;?> </body></html>

This is the signup html (the form)

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Sign Up Now!</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="signup.css" /></head><body><h1>Sign up now and get the gifts!</h1><h3>Type down your identity !</h3><form method="post" action="signup.php"><fieldset><legend>Sign Up</legend><label for="fname">First Name:</label><input type="text" id="fname" name="fname" /><br /><label for="lname">Last Name:</label><input type="text" id="lname" name="lname" /><br /><label for="email">Email</label><input type="text" id="email" name="email" /><br /><label for="country">Country</label><input type="text" id="country" name="country" /><br /><label for="gender">Gender</label><input id="gender1" name="gender" type="radio" value="male">Male<input id="gender2" name="gender" type="radio" value="female">Female<br /><label for="reason">Why do you want to join us ?</label><textarea id="reason" name="reason"></textarea><br /><input type="submit" value="Sign Up!" name="submit" /></fieldset></form></body></html>

Please help me where to add the code? And how it should be ?

if(!empty($_POST['subject'] && !empty($_POST['message']) //List of required field{ //Process data mail(....);}else{//show error} link on post 2 will help you to get idea how does these functions work.

Edited by birbal