How do I create a textarea which "spills over" from anther textarea?

essaydoctor

I'd like to create a textarea such that when one textarea is complete, another identically-sized text area magically appears and floats to the right. The new "spill over" text would now be here. Another way to explain what I'm looking for is this: Open up MS Word, and view the screen at 25%. Now keep on typing or keep adding text. Notice that when the words start "spilling over", a new sheet of paper (i.e. textarea) appears? This is what I'm interested in doing, but with HTML and/or CSS. So far, here is my source code. It's very basic for now. HTML SOURCE CODE: <!doctype html><html lang="en"><head> <meta charset="utf-8" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="theTextArea.css"></head><body> <textarea id="theTextArea" spellcheck='false' cols="185" rows="33" ></textarea></table> </body> </html>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------CSS SOURCE CODE:#theTextArea { -webkit-border-radius: 25px; -moz-border-radius: 25px; border-radius: 25px;margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;background: #ffffff;border-top: 10px solid black;border-bottom: 10px solid black;border-right: 10px solid black;border-left: 10px solid black;padding: 10px;font: 18px tahoma; }

It can't be done with HTML and CSS. Most of it has to be done with JavaScript. Creating the new textarea is pretty easy. Some other parts are not very intuitive. If JavaScript is not your thing, this is not a good project to learn on.

• Like 1