embed problem

onemanstarwars

I'm having a problem with embed and it not validating. Its a flash movie and the object turns out. Plus it works noproblem in Netscape. I have tried everything I can think of to be the problem but nothing works :) . If anyone can help it would be great.Validation pageMy site the flash is both the logo at the top and the menu.Thanx in advance onemanstarwars :)

Here is the correct code:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="logo.swf" width="600" height="40" id="banner">   <param name="movie" value="logo.swf" />   Alternate text or image for users without Flash plugin.</object>

After some testing it seems like you must absolutely set a width and a height, by the way. And the param tag is also necessary if you want it to work with IE.I think classid and codebase attributes may also be used, if you know what values are best for a Flash, I personally don't. =)

• 2 weeks later...

and how to make it? (mozilla and netscape doesnt recognize <object> tag)nvmhere is solution:http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/I dont know is it working in opera but it works fine in netscape and firefox

Yes they do.

I dont understant why poeple posts sth when they dont wanna help - maybe some kind of blog would be more suitable for them :)