my useless with-param

agumiya

Hello !

Hope someone could help me with this one.

I accidently wrote this code:

<select name="TYPE" id="TYPE" > <xsl:apply-templates select="TYPE-OPTION" /> <!-- The '/' closed the tag too early --> <xsl:with-param name="Slctd" select="normalize-space(TYPE-SELECTED)" /> <!--The with-param became worthless--></select>

It was suppose to be like this :

<select name="TYPE" id="TYPE" > <xsl:apply-templates select="TYPE-OPTION"> <xsl:with-param name="Slctd" select="normalize-space(TYPE-SELECTED)" />

</xsl:apply-templates> <!-- now the with-param is doing something --></select>

As you can see in the first part, I accidently closed the xsl:apply-templates tag too early with / , making the with-param completely useless.

This caused a bug.

Is this code legal ?

Is there a way or a product which could warn me about this kind of mistakes ?

TNX

Agumiya

When compiling your stylesheet, your XSLT processor should tell you that the `xsl:with-param` is not allowed where you put it. For instance with

<xsl:stylesheet    version="1.0"    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">    <xsl:template match="root">  <xsl:apply-templates select="foo"/>  <xsl:with-param name="p" select="1"/></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Saxon 6.5.5 tells me

Error at xsl:with-param on line 7 of file:/C:/Users/Foo/Bar/sheet.xsl  xsl:with-param cannot appear as a child of xsl:template
  • Like 1

When compiling your stylesheet, your XSLT processor should tell you that the `xsl:with-param` is not allowed where you put it. For instance with

<xsl:stylesheet    version="1.0"    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">    <xsl:template match="root">  <xsl:apply-templates select="foo"/>  <xsl:with-param name="p" select="1"/></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

Saxon 6.5.5 tells me

Error at xsl:with-param on line 7 of file:/C:/Users/Foo/Bar/sheet.xsl  xsl:with-param cannot appear as a child of xsl:template

Thank you Martin !

I`ll check into it.